THE TRAVEL THREAD

Lofa

16 minutes ago, Gunner said:

Going Prague in May for my cousin's stag do.

15 man 95% of us are black. 

Anything specific to do?

We have some package with this company called Chillisauce

Includes:

Fri:Stag hummer Limo and strip crawl
guided bar crawl night club entry
accomodation
Sat:AK47 and pistol shooting
sun: accomodation
mon:private airport drop off

Anything particular to do on the sunday any recommendations?

what date? if its that first may bank hol its is their version of valentines day, some national holiday... all around the castle and park will be fully rammed.

deffo recommend the segway city tour, catch jokes with your boys and you get to see so much of the city.

/

showpark, darlings, goldfingers

5 minutes ago, FA23 said:

what date? if its that first may bank hol its is their version of valentines day, some national holiday... all around the castle and park will be fully rammed.

deffo recommend the segway city tour, catch jokes with your boys and you get to see so much of the city.

/

showpark, darlings, goldfingers

19TH-22ND May 2017

Thinking of travelling by myself next year to somewhere like Colombia for a week.

Has anyone done the backpacking thing where you travel from place to place in the country? I'm hearing people say you don't need that much money but I'm trying to understand how considering food, accommodation, trains/coaches/planes. This is completely new to me but would love any advice. Probably gonna do more weekends to Europe as well but South America has always been on my bucket list.

17 hours ago, Gunner said:

Going Prague in May for my cousin's stag do.

15 man 95% of us are black. 

Anything specific to do?

We have some package with this company called Chillisauce

Includes:

Fri:Stag hummer Limo and strip crawl
guided bar crawl night club entry
accomodation
Sat:AK47 and pistol shooting
sun: accomodation
mon:private airport drop off

Anything particular to do on the sunday any recommendations?

Did a similar trip 8 black guys but didn't have a package.

We did the Bar Crawl, Shooting Range and Go-Karting as well. Highly recommend all three. Also went to Karlovy Lazne twice - absinthe makes everything crazy

On our last day we just had a chilled walk up to the castle and looked out over the City. Picturesque!

21 hours ago, Em Dott said:

Thinking of travelling by myself next year to somewhere like Colombia for a week.

Has anyone done the backpacking thing where you travel from place to place in the country? I'm hearing people say you don't need that much money but I'm trying to understand how considering food, accommodation, trains/coaches/planes. This is completely new to me but would love any advice. Probably gonna do more weekends to Europe as well but South America has always been on my bucket list.

I'm heading Peru and Bolivia on my jacks in late 2018. Gonna save hard for it.

Only two to three weeks. I have started going to all the places that are special in my beliefs (Mexico, now going Egypt in a month from today). Bolivia and Peru will be a major part of that! I'll head there after I've had a kid though, fuck catching Zika there and then breeding! After that, will head to south east Asia, Cambodia and Indonesia most preferably with a stop in India. 

20 hours ago, Mr. Martinez said:

Titan my only advice is to make it 3 weeks at least rather than 1. There's too much too see and it's a long way to travel for only one week. 

Does remind me. Wham for @Woodpecker?

I hear that.  You do need longer if you're travelling that far but I was contemplating doing it next year but I didn't think I would have enough annual leave as I'm going Barbados again in August.  Guess it will have to be something I do in 2018/19 maybe and do it properly.

On 11/21/2016 at 10:13 PM, Em Dott said:

Back packed by myself across south America (a bit in central) for 3 months and a half. I didn’t know anything about south America, did zero research. I just booked my flight into costa rica and out of brazil. Best experience of my life.

It’s not expensive, so if you’re smart with your money you’ll be fine. Stay in hostels, never hotels. You should definitely go for longer than 1 week, it will take you about 2 to 3 days to adjust to the time difference alone.

Again, Hostels are a must. The moment you walk into the first hostel you’ll instantly make friends, and becuz everyone is in this state of mind where they are free, open and happy, you can really connect with people. Don’t even get me started on the women. TBH it’s where I learned the difference between people I get along with and people that are MY people (if that makes sense).

Thanks for that. Looks like if I'm going to do it properly it needs to be at least a month and a half so I would need to be able to take a break from employment for a while. Will probably pm you with more questions in a little bit.

Done spring break @26/7 but not cancun most yanks were 21-24, wernt too many younger cos they get a big fat X drawn on there hands meaning they cant be served alcohol

still worth it was a good time... (wernt the main event in my trip but flung in a week at one of those catering to college kids resorts cos why not)

did get some weird looks when ordering congacs at the bar and not bud light tho ??

On 22/11/2016 at 10:05 AM, JGGB said:

Did a similar trip 8 black guys but didn't have a package.

We did the Bar Crawl, Shooting Range and Go-Karting as well. Highly recommend all three. Also went to Karlovy Lazne twice - absinthe makes everything crazy

On our last day we just had a chilled walk up to the castle and looked out over the City. Picturesque!

Yeah done the shooting range and went to the castle, highly recommend the castle. Had some great views. Defo go to showpark ???

• 3 weeks later...

Going Copenhagen in April for 4/5 days. Didn't realise when I booked it's bank holiday weekend the weekend before so may as well book time off in between. Will have to change flights but got them dirt cheap anyway in the election sales (£20 return).

Anyone got any quickfire recommendations on what to do outside of Copenhagen before I give my own serious thought about it - either in Denmark or outside. Can figure out what to do with extra days and I'll be on my own for them - was thinking Leipzeig as never been, or Helsinki potentially. Not sure what's cost nor time effective.

• Upvote 1

People negging my post? I spat 100% truth! You lot are chickens! Seriously shocked how heads on here are shook. Not only did I go in a pyramid on Christmas day, but I went in 2! 

/

Rippy, Helsinki is a nice city, pretty small though! People are nice and clothes shopping is very cheap.

• Downvote 1

went LA for 5 days (short i know only went for meetings) slipped thru customs and hopped in a Lyfe 

sick city, went all the bait spots (venice beach, hollywood, beverly hills ) 

went and got a weed card visited a few dispensaries, eat some wavy vegan food from the trucks it was lit

going back for at least a month next time

• Upvote 5