Official Notting Hill Carnival 2009 - iSmooth Review pg 20

Da Luv Doc

The older you get the more you're not affected by stupid kids I think. Partly because you're not a target to them anymore, and partly because you don't hang around with people of the same age and mindset.Gets sticky at night time though when everyones cramming the pubs and bars drinking and spilling out onto the street.

People talk alot about the hype and problems around these days, but I remember Carnival being much more dangerous years back (the madness last year nonwithstanding)Maybe it was coz I was much younger then. but it always seemed you were more likely to get your shoes & wallet taken back in late 90's/early 00's. Youd see a lot more fights, more robberies, and could sometimes walk for minutes without seeing any police since they stayed around the main stages for crowd control. It was after those guys got killed in 2001 when the mounting bad publicity reached tipping point, and the exponential increase in police & CCTV beganIt's a pity that Westwood doesn't come through any more, coz he always repped. My very first time at Carnival, as an eager and idealistic young hip-hopper I ducked away from the fam to cut to Portobello, wound up wilding out to EPMD and Busta, then the crowd got gassed by some dude in a hockey mask. Jay performed that year too. Westwood stage >>>

People talk alot about the hype and problems around these days, but I remember Carnival being much more dangerous years back (the madness last year nonwithstanding)Maybe it was coz I was much younger then. but it always seemed you were more likely to get your shoes & wallet taken back in late 90's/early 00's. Youd see a lot more fights, more robberies, and could sometimes walk for minutes without seeing any police since they stayed around the main stages for crowd control. It was after those guys got killed in 2001 when the mounting bad publicity reached tipping point, and the exponential increase in police & CCTV beganIt's a pity that Westwood doesn't come through any more, coz he always repped. My very first time at Carnival, as an eager and idealistic young hip-hopper I ducked away from the fam to cut to Portobello, wound up wilding out to EPMD and Busta, then the crowd got gassed by some dude in a hockey mask. Jay performed that year too. Westwood stage >>>
True I swear that guy is a true urban legend. Can anyone confirm he really was from NW?I'm reaching this year for the Major Lazor ting. Invite only and ting. yhyh i do dis ting etc etc

True I swear that guy is a true urban legend. Can anyone confirm he really was from NW?
NW Gas Man lmfaoa haha

True I swear that guy is a true urban legend. Can anyone confirm he really was from NW?I'm reaching this year for the Major Lazor ting. Invite only and ting. yhyh i do dis ting etc etc
t-mac. he's a vegetable now still

If you like House music and old skool garage 'KCC' (off Golborne Rd) is a good place to go
did some of the hardest skanking ever at this one 2 years ago...no offence but white people jus rave so much better than us..they keep it happy...waded through that massive crowd with such ease and caught a couple skanks in the middle of the crowd with randoms ,not once did anyone screw barge or try feel up the girls we were with...got to the other side and thought f*ck this im stayin here...raved there for a good hour and felt no way bout it !

t-mac. he's a vegetable now still
Legend

carnivals fallen off tho. But its just one of them events u still end up passin thru tho, even tho you aint really on it.
THIS.Aint been for three years but if i aint working this year then this^^^^^^^^will happen.edit:May just f*ck it and hit an afetr party. Deets Afroman?In fact drop alll afterparty deets in here
6050_1186623794676_1500724131_490520_5743814_n.jpg6050_1186623834677_1500724131_490521_3674330_n.jpghttp://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1139...2675&ref=mf

So true, this is exactly how I feel.

Panorama on saturday night is nuts aswell... Aaaarrrggghh Neeed to get my skin down to carnival. This will be the first year i've missed it since I was about 10 if I cant get a flight.Start off on a sunday afternoon at Grenada Corner, 2 swigs of rivers or jack and thats yooou.. Start the day with a bang

missed last year but went in 07 was too sick.KCC looks like me then. moving to ldn on the 29th lol so gonna be a madness unpacking n heading up with the mandem/whats that oldy that spoony spins at 1.40 on that 3rd vid. MASSIVE TRACKid pleaseLOL at the sync bop at 2.23, atmosphere seems too f*cked cant wait

The thing I never get about carnival is how there are so many sound systems but they lack playing certain music genres sometimes like its the same dj's on the same stands every year with maybe a special dj here and thereThe lack of decent hip hop always baffles me every yearKCC is alright but again the same dj's playing some dead out tunes
lol, Westwood dont go there anymore since he was jacked
Swear he got shot after there on his way home?I think I'll touch Carnival again. Problem I have is I always lose my bearings cos West looks so damn different when carnivals on. Get distracted and walk in any direction, if I hear something I like I cotch there then forget where I was heading.

So true, this is exactly how I feel.
I remember the guy with the hockey mask gassing people under the tentBack in the day was gutterBare jackings and people steaming through the crowd grabbing anything they could from people necks and handsThese were the days of the blasters

Guest Lisa Turtle

I can't think of a single reason why I would go. Not my scene. The last time I went was about 5 years ago with my Dad and my sister. He was having more fun than we were.

Then times your whole area had to roll together. Remember rolling 90+ man deep.
Yehhhhhhhhhh. Back in the days when you had Street Fighter vs Killer Instinct on SNES but it was in your dad's room?Why you lying you neek? At best you drove past in a car full of people whilst sitting on your aunts lap.