The OXLADE Appreciation Thread

CarltonLeach

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I really want this guy to do well, and have called for him to be starting games, but hes been pissing me off.

Sometimes just seems lost, spends too much time inside, and then ends up giving the ball away in dangerous places. Feels like hes been involved in every shit goal we concede.

I just want him to stay wide, attack the space/winger to stretch the game and make space

• 1 month later...

Has he improved?

To me he is the same player he was when he arrived, flashes of good stuff, potential but flatters to deceive

Struggling to see a future for him if this continues, he needs a run but when everyone is fit he doesn't get in the first 11 like Wilshere

We still don't really know what his best position is & this season the fans have lost a bit of patience with him

Age and his nationality are on side for now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpgxN6Xw4tM

Best game I've seen from him, he should just focus on scoring goals by vacating that RW position and getting on the end of passes from Ozi & co.. once he nets a few, people will forget about his crap passing.

• 4 weeks later...