Forum Software Upgrade

Swiftie

Not sure if it's just me, but it can take ages to go to other parts of the forum from the links at the top. Just loads for ages then goes. Also what happened to the drop down box in the bottom right enabling you to go to each specific forum quicker? Really liked that feature.

and the fact that it's laggy as fuck, are my only 2 qualms

that said, i generally just prefer the old skin

work in progress...

GUYS...

U know things wont be the way they're if in the long run I was not doing it to improve things all round. PLEASE bare with the current set up as is whilst I benchmark certain things to investigate a slowdown for some users.

It would be great if all speed affected users can let me know how things are currently.. I'm looking to all those who said it kept lagging since the upgrade. I do note that the link structure to the forum has changed and we're getting hit hard by search engines trying to re-index the WHOLE site.

So with all that said, lets try and keep the BRING THE BLACK comments to a minimum cause I already know that. :)

Thank you for your cooperation.

• Upvote 7

white is just for the meantime while swiftie looks in to the speed issues and other problems.

thanks for the patience.

(for my mac dons, invert your screen by clicking Ctrl-Option-Cmd-8 :Y: )

• Upvote 3

Ok cool. Couple of changes on the old robot.txt file and obviously google had to be special but I've ammended their crawler rate aswell. Just checking some more server stuff and when I see the load for that has decreased then we can explore skin options and the lot.

I will say that now is a good time to get your testing done on the new features. SO GO GO GO..

• Upvote 1

how do i change the reply box layout finding it hard to copy and paste now

pasting is better now, you use the 3 clipboards on the top right of the reply box

one for pasting with formatting (keeps styles and links ect)

one for pasting plain text (removes all formatting)

and one from pasting from a word file.