Tomas Rosicky signs new contract at Arsenal

TF S4DK

Our best midfielder along with Diaby

Wenger finally playing him as the no.10

Rosicky is genuinely a top draw footballer, we are lucky to have him, outstanding player

So Diaby is better than Wilshere? PMSL

dont get gassed by the age

Wilshere hasnt done anything oustanding in his 1 season with us, lets not get carried away

Diaby has shown he has the quality at this level, id play him ahead of Wilshere any day of the week

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Our best midfielder along with Diaby

Wenger finally playing him as the no.10

Rosicky is genuinely a top draw footballer, we are lucky to have him, outstanding player

So Diaby is better than Wilshere? PMSL

dont get gassed by the age

Wilshere hasnt done anything oustanding in his 1 season with us, lets not get carried away

Diaby has shown he has the quality at this level, id play him ahead of Wilshere any day of the week

Barcelona.

When RVP was scoring 12 goals a season, his productivity level was Doyle, Lita etc u cant deny that

We will see, dont get me wrong I rate Wilshere but he's 4th choice when every1's fit for me atm..we dont have time for him to play 30 + games and develop into a top player, like we did with Cesc..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think some people have short memories when it comes to Diaby. I remember a player with good technique and dribbling ability but couldn't measure passes well, made bad decisions, held on to the ball for too long etc. He had moments of quality but never on a consistent basis.

Wilshere played at pretty much the same level every game, never really amazing but he's consistent and moves the ball well. Once he adds goals and assists to his game he'll be a star.

• Upvote 1

Wilshere played at pretty much the same level every game, never really amazing but he's consistent and moves the ball well. Once he adds goals and assists to his game he'll be a star.

Finally an honest, accurate assessment of Jack Wilshere's season..

This.

/

Re: Diaby, if he becomes fully fit, stays fit, and plays consistently, I agree with the notion that he would be one of our best midfielders. And yes, I say this, because last year was Robin Van Persie's first fully fit season with us, and dude is now 28, but all is forgotten previously. Same with Rosicky. Deserves his contract. This ain't FM2012, and it's about damn time this over 30's rule crap Wenger came with was torn up and thrown in the bin. We need experience, we been crying out for it, he's playing well, yet mandem are COMPLAINING?

Tomas Rosicky says he rejected big money offers from Russian and Chinese clubs to stay with Arsenal.

The Czech Republic star's deal with the Gunners was due to expire at the end of the season, but he signed a new contract earlier this week.

The 31-year-old has now revealed he could have turned his back on the north London club in favour of a big payday from an overseas club.

He said: "Arsenal let me get to the point where I had just half a year on my contract and could talk to anyone I wanted.

"It started to get interesting because I had very lucrative offers. This turned my head a little, but I have to say that Arsenal were my priority.

"In both cases it was financially huge numbers, so that somehow you had to entertain it, it's not easy.

"Some days I thought about it, but money is not everything, I'm glad I'll be able to continue at Arsenal."

The midfielder also denied his good run of form had anything to do with proving he was worthy of a new contract.

He said: "It had nothing to do with it. I am healthy, I play in the centre of the field and have rhythm from regular games. That is all together very important.

"When you play once a fortnight, it is difficult. I know I cannot handle all the games of the season, but the rhythm, being involved at least once a week is very important.

"And anyway, I had given my word to the coach that I would stay."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

The agent of Arsenal midfielder Tomas Rosicky claims there is no substance to reports linking his client with a move to Roma.

Speculation has suggested that the Serie A outfit have turned their attention to the experienced playmaker ahead of the January transfer window.

It was claimed that Arsenal could be open to offers with Arsene Wenger currently well-stocked for creativity in the middle of the park - with Santi Cazorla, Mikel Arteta, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere competing for starting berths.

Rosicky has been unable to challenge for a place in Wenger's thoughts so far this season, with an Achilles injury picked up at Euro 2012 keeping him on the sidelines.

The 32-year-old is, however, back in training and his representative insists his full focus is locked on returning to the Arsenal fold, with there no approach received from Italy.

Pavel Paska told gazzettagiallorossa.it: "Are Roma interested in Tomas? No, there is absolutely no truth in that.

"The player is only thinking about getting back out on the field and is training hard every day to make sure he recovers as soon as possible. He could be back in January.

"There has never been anything with Roma. I have never had any contact with the club."