Are you proud to be British?

kerser

sometimes Im ashamed to be part of the human race let alone bigging up British

I aint that beef they serve in Sainsbury's

I actually do write Moor in that race and ethnicity sectIon on suviellance forms, its quite a laugh actually

:lol:

/

im just making lemonade

Being completely honest. I feel British on passport alone. From my own personal experiences I dont feel like the "natives" see me as equal to them and this "look what england has done for you" talk doesnt wash with me, my parents are only here because my dad studied here and got work afterwards. Its not like they welcomed him in and said come here and do nothing. The condition of him being here was that he studied and found work afterwards to contribute to the UK economy. There was a mutual benefit and as we are seeing now when the country doesn't feel like outsiders are bringing anything to the table they slam the door shut very quickly. If only they would do that to their own people ey?

How can I feel British when as soon as I take off my shirt and tie, the majority of people think im a criminal. When that changes, I'll feel British.

• Upvote 9

To the point where i don't have to do anything to prove it yeh..

more proud to be half jamaican for some reason though

You half white?

Mother is quarter, dad is black

so basically yeh

I was 100% sure you was white due to

Came in here because i was curious but tbh i'm disapointed.. why don't i like black tings?...don't do it for me at all

:/

i know more white guys that like black girls than i do blacks that like darkies

i see more black men with white/mixed tings than i do other black tings so i don't really know what you're trying to say..

i also see more mixed bruddas with snowflakes

is your mother or father black?

Yeah, I see myself as anglo-caribbean.

I don't see myself as British really because Scotland and Wales mean absolutely nothing to me.

This guy.

Anglo - Caribbean you know.

Be proud to be an African Caribbean decent British.

To be Caribbean signifies African lineage but it differentiates itself from having African ties.

I swear you wife Greek tings though bro so drop the pro African tag plz, thanks.

Well you assume wrong, you most likely have the slavemasters blood in you.

huh?

To me the word Caribbean encapsulates all of that, it tells the full story in 1 word.

Quoted the wrong person

Being completely honest. I feel British on passport alone. From my own personal experiences I dont feel like the "natives" see me as equal to them and this "look what england has done for you" talk doesnt wash with me, my parents are only here because my dad studied here and got work afterwards. Its not like they welcomed him in and said come here and do nothing. The condition of him being here was that he studied and found work afterwards to contribute to the UK economy. There was a mutual benefit and as we are seeing now when the country doesn't feel like outsiders are bringing anything to the table they slam the door shut very quickly. If only they would do that to their own people ey?

How can I feel British when as soon as I take off my shirt and tie, the majority of people think im a criminal. When that changes, I'll feel British.

C/s errythang'

You half white?

so basically yeh

Came in here because i was curious but tbh i'm disapointed.. why don't i like black tings?...don't do it for me at all

i see more black men with white/mixed tings than i do other black tings so i don't really know what you're trying to say..

is your mother or father black?

said above my mum is quater and my dad is black..but my dad has 6 sisters so it's nothing to do with "being around white woman too much"

just generally not attracted to dark skinned black females in any way,shape or form

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

y would anyone invite him to do nothing?

Surely he was down for it and saw it would benefit him more or he wouldn't have come, y should only he have benefited from coming here?

Your dad has more right to be in Britain than half these 'natives' tbh u should be proud of him don't let the racists of this land brainwash u, this is ur country as much as it is theirs.

You half white?

so basically yeh

yh? where dyou live?

Pissed if you have a Brit passport but dont integrate into society because you feel other people have more of a right

Its your country and be proud about it dont feel sorry for yourself like your an outsider when your making yourself an outsider

You have as much right as others just because there fam might of immigrated at an earlier date dont allow yourself to be excluded

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Pissed if you have a Brit passport but dont integrate into society because you feel other people have more of a right

Its your country and be proud about it dont feel sorry for yourself like your an outsider when your making yourself an outsider

You have as much right as others just because there fam might of immigrated at an earlier date dont allow yourself to be excluded

These words can be quite poignant.

At the same time, you can make sure you're getting yours but still consider yourself an 'outsider'.

You are what makes this country

Rep this country and make it great

We are what represents this nation today and beyond

People in the past from many nations treated other people cruelly but now we are in an age were we can change what this nation represents

• Upvote 1

proud Londoner

and love my British/EU passport

thats it

• Upvote 1

people have to realise this isn't america were u wouldn't think twice in assuming someone is an american citizen whatever their colour

here when u cut through the bullshit, throughout europe. u have to look the part

ffs even when talking about football its tredding on ice, the 'we' and 'were' gonna win talk will get a slight off look for a sec

futuramafry.jpg

how can i be a first class citizen when the economic glass ceiling is still very real

from when people that look like me reach the upper echelons of society and its nothing to shout about

then the first step has been made, second being removing asian/black british from forms

• Downvote 1

some of you lot are sounding like the types that find racism from nothing

he gave me a dirty look while i spat on the floor - he must be racist

he beeped his horn at me when i turned the corner eventhough i didn't indicate - he must be racist.

he told me to take my hood down in the shop when there's a sign which says no hoods - he must be racist

allow walking around thinking no one accepts you..just live life and be proud.

• Downvote 8

Had a heightened sense of pride during the Jubilee celebrations but in general always been proud to be British. Proud about everything in this nations history, not so much about the misfortune put onto others but looking back the world was a different place back then and this country always punched above it's own weight so I am glad we are in the position we find ourselves in today.

Looking at M12's comment and knowing he is from Manchester it does make me wonder if that is just a mental insecurity kinda tip or experiences he has had. But I have a very close friend who is Mancunian in my eyes, born and raised here, no different from me or any other people I know nor has he ever stepped foot off British soil but he doesn't consider himself English/British but Ghanian. I've never heard him talk about or witness any kind of event that would make him not feel like he belonged here, it appears to be just a thought installed in his mind.