SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD 2013

Flojo

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see how Geoff Arsenals latest tweets are stupid.

"Rooney will be Arsenal player if we agree personal terms"

Likelyhood of agreeing terms? pretty small, which means he has an easy get out clause if he doesnt sign.

i.e "I said, if, we agree terms"

HINDSIGHT >

whats his twitter?

why is he talking

You see how Geoff Arsenals latest tweets are stupid.

"Rooney will be Arsenal player if we agree personal terms"

Likelyhood of agreeing terms? pretty small, which means he has an easy get out clause if he doesnt sign.

i.e "I said, if, we agree terms"

HINDSIGHT >

whats his twitter?

why is he talking

stopped following geoff from the previous window. Guy chats fraff and that ben geezer and all..

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david 11m

Fellaini camp, #efc & #afc all deny release clause met. Arsenal not in for Rooney or Cesar. Jovetic on radar but not near top #bbcsportsday

This guy is the epitomy of class, such a genuine source.

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david 27 Jun

Van Persie to resume talks with Arsenal when back from Caribbean break. He's keen to stay, with or without new contract. Ball in #afc court.

‘It was [difficult] because it wasn’t only me who decided where I went to play,’ the Holland striker said, in an interview with MUTV. ‘I also depended on my former club as well and how they saw it. And then of course you always have these games that the directors play.

‘It’s a bit like a rollercoaster. Some days it is looking good and other days it is worse. You don’t really know what to expect because things can change so quickly. It normally depends on the player and the two teams, but in my case, there were two other teams involved as well.

‘One was City and the other one was Juventus. So it was a bit hectic but I always wanted this transfer from day one. Me and Sir Alex knew that it would be a bumpy road but I think that it shows that if you really want something then nothing is impossible. I am glad it happened.

Bostock: I was right to leave Palace for Spurs

442 Staff - Wednesday 03 December 2008, 14:48

Controversial wonderkid John Bostock has defended his decision to leave Crystal Palace for Tottenham, claiming "I'm at the best place for my career".

The 16-year-old midfielder joined Spurs after a drawn-out chase last summer that left Palace chairman Simon Jordan seething over what he considered a derisory £700,000 tribunal fee for a player the club had nurtured.

But Bostock – who became Crystal Palace's youngest debutant aged just 15 years and 287 days – says swapping Selhurst Park for White Hart Lane was in the best interests of his career development.

Speaking in the new issue of FourFourTwo – which also includes a lengthy interview with Palace chairman Simon Jordan, who's still incandescent with rage about it – Bostock says working with higher-class players has improved his game already.

"My vision – the ability to split defences – technique and creativity are my strong points, and all have come on leaps and bounds," he says.

"When you're training alongside the likes of David Bentley, Tom Huddlestone and Aaron Lennon day in day out, it's inevitable you will improve."

And Bostock singled out a languid frontman, who has since joined Manchester United, for special praise.

"Dimitar Berbatov, too – he's the best I've ever played with, a phenomenal talent, just like Zidane.

"His touch was unbelievable, he oozed class," gushed the teenager.

Bostock played alongside Berbatov in Tottenham's pre-season tour of Spain but the Bulgarian was long gone by the time Bostock made his official bow against Dinamo Zagreb in November – becoming Tottenham's youngest-ever player, aged 16 years and 295 days.

"As a Palace fan, making my debut against Watford was special – but this eclipsed it, given the size of the club and the occasion," said the youngster.

"It came sooner than anticipated and I didn't know I'd become Tottenham's youngest player ever until Clive Allen told me afterwards."

Bostock's ambitions don't stop at Tottenham: the teen sensation has international ambitions and unshakeable self-belief.

"I want to play for England, play in the Champions League, get to all the great tournaments – but above all, I want to fulfil the talent I've got."

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/21714/default.aspx

Tottenham Hotspur's John Bostock Blames Premier League's Foreign Stars For Lack Of First Team Opportunities For English Youngsters

Jul 29, 2010 9:30:00 PM

Frustrated midfielder admits he may have to go out on loan...

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder John Bostock has called for more to be done to nurture young English footballers and believes too many foreign imports are blocking the way for players like himself to develop.

Bostock is widely regarded as one of English football’s brightest talents but, rather than flourishing in the Premier League, the 18-year-old had to go out to Brentford last season in search of competitive football.

Speaking after England Under-19s elimination from the European Championships, Bostock said: "Some of us have been given first team chances. For instance, Everton's Jack Rodwell has been given a few and he has taken them.

"But bits and pieces here and there is not really enough. We look at the foreign contingent over here and it's blocking us.

"It's frustrating - and it's especially hard when you don't feel like you are given a chance."

This season, new rules within the Premier League mean that teams must register at least eight 'home grown' players within their 25-man squad, but Bostock is unsure of what effect this will have for players like himself.

"I'm not sure the new rules will help," he added. "Clubs are spending millions on foreigners and will want to play them.

"It's hard because we are left waiting until we are 21 or 22 to play first-team football."

The 18-year-old starlet, who scored with a fantastic volley during England U-19s recent 3-1 semi-final defeat to Spain, added: "My dream is to play for Spurs. But I'd definitely go out on loan. I need to play.

"It's what Under-19s skipper, Matthew James, has done [at Preston North End last season]. He's playing competitively and we can see the change and the improvement in him."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/07/29/2047803/tottenham-hotspurs-john-bostock-blames-premier-leagues

article_c5821c2c12dd36d9_1369674771_9j-4

44182_news.jpg

tumblr_mizpijlIjw1rybmzlo1_500.gif

His own worst enemy, been sent back from

Most clubs he went on loan to...

/

Premier League released XI:

Schwarzer

Ferreira, Toure, Gallas, Bridge

Bentley, Diarra, Benayoun, Malouda

Di Santo, Santa Cruz

Bench:

Turnbull

Upson

Baird

Pennant

Gera

O'Neill

Jackson

And man actually had some abilty but thought he could coast on that smh

Bostock: I was right to leave Palace for Spurs

442 Staff - Wednesday 03 December 2008, 14:48

Controversial wonderkid John Bostock has defended his decision to leave Crystal Palace for Tottenham, claiming "I'm at the best place for my career".

The 16-year-old midfielder joined Spurs after a drawn-out chase last summer that left Palace chairman Simon Jordan seething over what he considered a derisory £700,000 tribunal fee for a player the club had nurtured.

But Bostock – who became Crystal Palace's youngest debutant aged just 15 years and 287 days – says swapping Selhurst Park for White Hart Lane was in the best interests of his career development.

Speaking in the new issue of FourFourTwo – which also includes a lengthy interview with Palace chairman Simon Jordan, who's still incandescent with rage about it – Bostock says working with higher-class players has improved his game already.

"My vision – the ability to split defences – technique and creativity are my strong points, and all have come on leaps and bounds," he says.

"When you're training alongside the likes of David Bentley, Tom Huddlestone and Aaron Lennon day in day out, it's inevitable you will improve."

And Bostock singled out a languid frontman, who has since joined Manchester United, for special praise.

"Dimitar Berbatov, too – he's the best I've ever played with, a phenomenal talent, just like Zidane.

"His touch was unbelievable, he oozed class," gushed the teenager.

Bostock played alongside Berbatov in Tottenham's pre-season tour of Spain but the Bulgarian was long gone by the time Bostock made his official bow against Dinamo Zagreb in November – becoming Tottenham's youngest-ever player, aged 16 years and 295 days.

"As a Palace fan, making my debut against Watford was special – but this eclipsed it, given the size of the club and the occasion," said the youngster.

"It came sooner than anticipated and I didn't know I'd become Tottenham's youngest player ever until Clive Allen told me afterwards."

Bostock's ambitions don't stop at Tottenham: the teen sensation has international ambitions and unshakeable self-belief.

"I want to play for England, play in the Champions League, get to all the great tournaments – but above all, I want to fulfil the talent I've got."

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/21714/default.aspx

>Tottenham Hotspur's John Bostock Blames Premier League's Foreign Stars For Lack Of First Team Opportunities For English Youngsters

Jul 29, 2010 9:30:00 PM

Frustrated midfielder admits he may have to go out on loan...

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder John Bostock has called for more to be done to nurture young English footballers and believes too many foreign imports are blocking the way for players like himself to develop.

Bostock is widely regarded as one of English football’s brightest talents but, rather than flourishing in the Premier League, the 18-year-old had to go out to Brentford last season in search of competitive football.

Speaking after England Under-19s elimination from the European Championships, Bostock said: "Some of us have been given first team chances. For instance, Everton's Jack Rodwell has been given a few and he has taken them.

"But bits and pieces here and there is not really enough. We look at the foreign contingent over here and it's blocking us.

"It's frustrating - and it's especially hard when you don't feel like you are given a chance."

This season, new rules within the Premier League mean that teams must register at least eight 'home grown' players within their 25-man squad, but Bostock is unsure of what effect this will have for players like himself.

"I'm not sure the new rules will help," he added. "Clubs are spending millions on foreigners and will want to play them.

"It's hard because we are left waiting until we are 21 or 22 to play first-team football."

The 18-year-old starlet, who scored with a fantastic volley during England U-19s recent 3-1 semi-final defeat to Spain, added: "My dream is to play for Spurs. But I'd definitely go out on loan. I need to play.

"It's what Under-19s skipper, Matthew James, has done [at Preston North End last season]. He's playing competitively and we can see the change and the improvement in him."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/07/29/2047803/tottenham-hotspurs-john-bostock-blames-premier-leagues

article_c5821c2c12dd36d9_1369674771_9j-4

176292-englands-wilfried-zaha-controls-t

44182_news.jpg

tumblr_mizpijlIjw1rybmzlo1_500.gif

Newcastle United midfielder Yohan Cabaye says he would be open to joining Premier League champions Manchester United.

The 27-year old was one of Newcastle's stand-out players last season, despite Alan Pardew's side enduring a disappointing campaign, and he has since been linked with a move to Old Trafford.

David Moyes is reported to be looking to strengthen his midfield following the retirement of Paul Scholes and a switch to the Red Devils is something which appeals to Cabaye.

"Yes, of course. I've liked this club for a long time, I like what they do," he told Canal+.

"The boss has left but they have appointed a very good successor and he did some good things with Everton.

"They are always well played among the big clubs. Yes, for sure, it would be an interesting challenge."

Moyes and pellegrini lack of experience at a big club and the PL respectively coupled with mourinhos experience/Chelsea's squad/the way I predict he will have them playing for him

Wenger came straight from Japan and won the league rude boi.

Smh where's this guys carer's?

:lmao: :lmao: