General Election 2015 (Discussion Thread)

Hipster

General Election 2015  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which Party are you going to vote for?

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Lib Dems
    • UKIP
    • Green Party
    • f*ck Politics

ukips main angle is immigration and tapping in to those concerned by immigration...

what people are usually concerned about immigration:

Racists

People on low paid jobs

Xenophobes

People who believe the scare mongering in the right wing tabloids

I would consider the majority of those groups intellectually lacking (racists/xenophobes will have there exceptions)

59% of the country is 'concerned' by immigration according to this from 5 years ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/legacy/thereporters/markeaston/2011/02/why_are_we_so_concerned_about_im.html

your assumptions are incorrect btw

1000 or so asked out of 60 million people lol

ukips main angle is immigration and tapping in to those concerned by immigration...

Racists

People on low paid jobs

Xenophobes

I would consider the majority of those groups intellectually lacking (racists/xenophobes will have there exceptions)

UKIP's main angle is UK Independence from the European Union brah.

• Upvote 1

Green leader Natalie Bennett backs cultural boycott of Israel

http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/134303/green-leader-natalie-bennett-backs-cultural-boycott-israel

I definitely think the west should have acted against Israel in some form of sanctions but I don't think she's going to gain favour or much agreement in 'a boycott of artists, musicians and academics'

Dub don't be silly chap

Realise where you're reading that article and why the boycott was defined like that

A more accurate description goes like..

The campaign asks individuals, organisations, councils and governments to refuse to deal with companies and institutions identified as facilitating Israel's military capacity, human rights abuses or illegal settlement activity.

I did have trouble finding a quote from the Greens that specifically spoke of a cultural boycott, I just assumed a publication wouldn't specify "artists, musicians and academics" without having a valid reference.

Probably just being naïve in my hungover state.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Racists

People on low paid jobs

Xenophobes

And if that was to happen it would make millions of people in this country illegal immigrants over night

She  was hosting on LBC about immigration earlier

With all this hype nothing is going to change. The current Coalition would remain in power. 

I think Lib Dems would be more comfortable in partnership with Labour.

They probably would have been in 2010 but Labour didn't want to concede too much power.

Like a bunch of policies that have come through with a Lib Dem stamp on have been pretty 'left'. Arguably more left than anything Labour has proposed.

Not completely sure why they're considered more central, maybe because they aim to spend less?

Racists

People on low paid jobs

Xenophobes

And if that was to happen it would make millions of people in this country illegal immigrants over night

No it wouldn't. There would obviously be an amnesty on those currently living here.