Life After Wenger

Mame Biram Diouf

Do you think coaching and tactics is the reason we ain't won the league, more than money and playing staff?

Would you be talking about the years when we sold our best players every season?

Did Wenger, Mourinho, oh and Raineri, not win the league in their first seasons? Conte potentially too... Are Leicester showing us too that when you have a schedule the same as Wenger's last 20 years that being 17th in February is the norm too?

Mourinho has spent more money in his PL career than Wenger, yes more than 20+ years Wenger... I need you to really ask yourself why you think the playing field is remotely the same between the two. In fact I'll be honest, Mourinho's first season it was fair after that ? Ironically the years Chelsea gave him fuck all he's been sacked...

Last four years, Wenger has had to build a team, every year prior to that we have sold our best players, arguably until last summer Wenger hasn't been able to do what Mourinho does everywhere he goes - Identify and spend big.

• Upvote 2

Would you prefer 6th season, Wenger leaving and a new manager winning the league his 1st season with 1 game a week...

or Wenger coming in the top 4 this season and next season but not winning the league or champions league

??

The board, that's why when I see us linked to all these managers I just lol to myself.

Wenger is a problem but there are 100% deeper issues.

When Wenger leaves we will be left with an owner that doesn't care, directors who have no idea and a manager who is probably not as good and definitely doesn't care as much about the club as Wenger does.

Replacing a manager in this context is difficult enough already but I have 0 faith in the people at the club being able to get it even somewhat right.

• Upvote 3

"Do you think coaching and tactics is the reason we ain't won the league, more than money and playing staff?"

Yes but not just the league, champions league too...

"Would you be talking about the years when we sold our best players every season?"

So for the remaining 17 seasons we've sold our best players in each one? Remind me who most of these players were again? The same ones we didn't win anything with?

As for Mourinho and Wenger. Who do you rate as a better manager?