Who pays on the first date?

jelly

I wouldn't ever suggest somewhere that is super expensive or like to go there I am happy with a standard £40-£50 restaurant I dont care for champagne either I like sparkling water. I think if I did not like the guy then I would pay half but if i do i wont reach for nothing because I am planning to see him again and most like give him a shag 

6 minutes ago, jelly said:

I wouldn't ever suggest somewhere that is super expensive or like to go there I am happy with a standard £40-£50 restaurant I dont care for champagne either I like sparkling water. I think if I did not like the guy then I would pay half but if i do i wont reach for nothing because I am planning to see him again and most like give him a shag 

bird logic.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, O Fenomeno said:

I remember watching a program on channel 4 about dating apps.

A man took this chick out to an expensive restaurant and was made to buy dinner and a few champagne bottles and the ting even told him to keep topping  up her glass like it was an Oyster card and at the end of the date she said she wasn't feeling man.

I think i saw the same show few months back, these guys where casually throwing down p only for the ting to not pay , go home jump on mans profile and 1 star the ting.

imagine.

12 hours ago, Lieutenant said:

Tbh these days I'll make a decision at the end of the date. If things have gone well and I can see her reaching for her purse and I know I'll see her again I ain't got a problem paying(this usually results in them saying "I'll pay for drinks/the next date").

If I have no intentions of seeing her again or she's sitting there with her 2 long hands when Luigi comes over with the card machine then I'm splitting that CALM.

Reaching for the purse can be a classic bluff as told to me by a succubus. 

On 26/09/2016 at 10:00 AM, Heero Yuy said:

Some man are nearly the latter end of 20 and still kicking up fuss over a few notes for dinner and drinks:rofl:

Split, I pay, she pays, I literally couldn't care less, we're not buying houses here.

Lol real rap

/

My last first "date" was yoga & I spent all but £3

Restaurant first date is proper regression for me right now. Would rather we both go shopping and cook

• Upvote 3

When I was in a relationship, it didn't matter who paid, we often had friendly skirmishes about who's paying... But then again, that was a 7 year relationship so no payment rules applied unless one partner stated their financial situation isn't right.

Fast forward 4 years later, Better Job, Earning more than age, in better shape physically and most importantly mentally............... I really could give a flying fuck who pays on the first date (if there is such a thing anymore)... I'd only be concerned if I asked a girl out and she says "What, are you paying".... immediate cancellation of said date

But if she agrees and we get to the place, eat, have a drink, i will whip out my card/cash and pay. But a decent girl who pays her way in life will say something like, are you sure, i can pay some..... this has happened a few times

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, General Mac said:

When I was in a relationship, it didn't matter who paid, we often had friendly skirmishes about who's paying... But then again, that was a 7 year relationship so no payment rules applied unless one partner stated their financial situation isn't right.

Fast forward 4 years later, Better Job, Earning more than age, in better shape physically and most importantly mentally............... I really could give a flying fuck who pays on the first date (if there is such a thing anymore)... I'd only be concerned if I asked a girl out and she says "What, are you paying".... immediate cancellation of said date

But if she agrees and we get to the place, eat, have a drink, i will whip out my card/cash and pay. But a decent girl who pays her way in life will say something like, are you sure, i can pay some..... this has happened a few times

i thought u was married , or am i mistaking u from a different user 

• 2 months later...

Woman left with huge bill after Plenty of Fish date eats expensive meal - then flees restaurant and blocks her 
Diane Guilmette received a 'very flattering' message from a man police later identified as Paul Gonzales on dating website Plenty of Fish
They went for a first date in a fancy restaurant where he ordered a 'lot of food'
Guilmette thought it was going well until Gonzales went outside to make a call
Around 15 minutes later, she realized that he was not coming back 
A shocked and disappointed Guilmette was left to pay their $163 bill
Her story inspired other women came forward saying he'd done it to them
Gonzales is facing  petty theft charges and is accused of not paying for a haircut

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4022554/Woman-left-huge-bill-Plenty-Fish-date-eats-expensive-meal-flees-restaurant-blocks-her.html#ixzz4SufkKoU4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

On 30/09/2016 at 3:15 PM, tino said:

Been told by women this is used like a pump fake

• Upvote 9

18 hours ago, Lens said:

Woman left with huge bill after Plenty of Fish date eats expensive meal - then flees restaurant and blocks her 
Diane Guilmette received a 'very flattering' message from a man police later identified as Paul Gonzales on dating website Plenty of Fish
They went for a first date in a fancy restaurant where he ordered a 'lot of food'
Guilmette thought it was going well until Gonzales went outside to make a call
Around 15 minutes later, she realized that he was not coming back 
A shocked and disappointed Guilmette was left to pay their $163 bill
Her story inspired other women came forward saying he'd done it to them
Gonzales is facing  petty theft charges and is accused of not paying for a haircut

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4022554/Woman-left-huge-bill-Plenty-Fish-date-eats-expensive-meal-flees-restaurant-blocks-her.html#ixzz4SufkKoU4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

When she took to social media to share her story, along with pictures of her date, Guilmette said several other women came forward to say that he had done the same thing to him. 
Each time he had chosen a high-end restaurant and sneaked out, leaving them with the bill. 

:rofl:

Man is a serial dine and dasher.

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, yhfam said:

Ppl with money don't give a shit about any of this crap

its a double edged sword

people who have money don't want to always be spending money after money after money after money -

if im making 6,000 a month, I don't want to be always spending spending spending.... im trying to retain money and not constantly spending.... so when a girl offers I will always say ok cool snm - why not.... why should I have to bust a gut to pay the bill.... the day a girl pays the whole bill will be something

Its all subjective to the individual and how they see money or how much they are getting it in, some man know they are more or less paying to beat and really dont give a fuck

/

i was listening to some podcast and a girl was explaining how two dons tried moving her and her friend in a restaurant by sayin "dont worry about your bill we got that"

when i heard that i was shocked but to a millionaire or someone even worth 6 figures is that really a big deal?

• Upvote 1