The Official Manchester United Thread

Young £

lol top troll

shinji deserves CL football not watching Rooney cementing his legacy whilst the side loses to the likes of swansea at home and fails to create a chance vs Burnley.

So 3 managers have got it wrong about him yeah?

To be fair this is a team where Rooney is bigger than the managers and other players

They spent 37 on mata and play him out of position to acomodate 300k

Fergie had no issue playing Rooney out of his favoured position though right?

Mourinho is no fool. He sold Mata because he's not that guy

lol top troll

shinji deserves CL football not watching Rooney cementing his legacy whilst the side loses to the likes of swansea at home and fails to create a chance vs Burnley. 

He had a decent first season with Fergie but was inj a bit.... so only David Moyes didnt rate him

as for LVG he couldn't get rid of rooney or mata for non footballing reasons.....

and well Moyes paid for not rating Shinji with his job..... oh well

LVG clearly doesn't rate him either

So if Moyes played Shinji results would have been better? :lol:

You guys are comedians

• Downvote 3

lol top troll

He had a decent first season with Fergie but was inj a bit.... so only David Moyes didnt rate him

as for LVG he couldn't get rid of rooney or mata for non footballing reasons.....

and well Moyes paid for not rating Shinji with his job..... oh well

LVG clearly doesn't rate him either

So if Moyes played Shinji results would have been better? :lol:

You guys are comedians

unlikely cos moyes was a shit manager

lol top troll

To be fair this is a team where Rooney is bigger than the managers and other players

They spent 37 on mata and play him out of position to acomodate 300k

Fergie had no issue playing Rooney out of his favoured position though right?

Mourinho is no fool. He sold Mata because he's not that guy

This was before Rooney's accession though ,swear Fergie shaped up to sell him before Wayne go to big for his boots now look

It don't matter if Mata is or isn't he cost 37 MILLION

Just have to wait for a disgruntled player to drop an autobiography with a Moyes era chapter.

It begins...

Rio Ferdinand has hit out at David Moyes’s tactics as Manchester United manager, claiming some of them were “embarrassing”.

The former England and United defender has set out a string of criticisms of Moyes’s ill-fated reign at Old Trafford in his autobiography #2 sides.

Ferdinand said the players became confused about how Moyes wanted them to play.

“Moyes’s innovations mostly led to negativity and confusion,” he said in an extract from the book, which is being serialised in The Sun.

He added: “The biggest confusion was over how he wanted us to move the ball forward. Often he told us to play it long. Some players felt they kicked the ball long more than at any time in their career.

“Sometimes our main tactic was the long, high, diagonal cross. It was embarrassing. In one home game against Fulham we had 81 crosses! I was thinking, why are we doing this? Andy Carroll doesn’t play for us!

“The whole approach was alien. Other times Moyes wanted lots of passing. He’d say: 'Today I want us to have 600 passes in the game. Last week it was only 400’. Who cares? I’d rather score five goals from 10 passes.”

Ferdinand, who left United for Queens Park Rangers in the summer, said Moyes brought the “mentality of a small club” to Old Trafford. He revealed one of the first signs of future problems was when Moyes banned the players from their ritual of eating low-fat chips on the night before a game.

Ferdinand also disclosed his upset at being left out of the United side that played Bayern Munich in the Champions League.

He said Moyes took the players to a park to practice their set-pieces, which he said was "bizarre".

"It was amateurish," he said. "I mean, why not just send Bayern an email or a DVD"

And as they were standing in public, Moyes told Ferdinand he would not be playing as he wanted a bit more pace in defence.

"It killed me," Ferdinand said. "Inside I wanted to scream and grab him. I'm a team player, so I just had to bite my tongue and stand there. But it was probably the worst single moment I ever had at United.

"I'd never been dropped for a big game like that - and to drop that on me in front of everybody."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11096067/Rio-Ferdinand-hits-out-David-Moyess-tactics-while-in-charge-of-Manchester-United.html

Kevin PalmerVerified account ‏@kpsundayworld

Ferdinand on Moyes: "Moyes’s innovations led to negativity and confusion. It was always how to stop the other side. Not how to win." #MUFC

SKYSPORTS

Everything is in place for Cristiano Ronaldo to make a dream return to Manchester United, according to Sky Sports’ Spanish football expert Guillem Balague.

The 29-year-old swapped Old Trafford for Real Madrid in a £80million deal more than five years ago, but speculation has mounted that he could be set for a return to play under Louis van Gaal.

Newspaper reports have suggested the Ballon D’Or winner is unhappy with Real Madrid’s transfer policy and wants to play again for the club he represented between 2003 and 2009.

And Balague told Revista de La Liga that a deal is likely with finance not an issue for Manchester United.

Balague said: “He is unhappy and he’s said so – but then he corrected himself by saying ‘I didn’t mean what he said’. It was a bit confusing.

“Anyway, you have to say he’s not happy that Ozil left and he didn’t like the fact that Xabi Alonso and Di Maria left.

“He has this idea, I think, that at Real Madrid he is doing a job and he is working, but he enjoyed himself almost like a kid at Manchester United.

“He dreams of going back to Manchester United and Manchester United have got all the finances in place to get him.

“When will that be? It depends, of course, on a lot of things. It depends on Real Madrid and on Cristiano himself.

“I have a pretty good idea of when he wants to go. It won’t be this month or next month, but he wants to go back to Manchester United and everything is in place for him to return to Old Trafford.”