THE TRAVEL THREAD

Lofa

Any dons been to Malta?

Done Malta.. Twice.  Jan 012(Moderate 20degrees day 11 @ night) & June 012 (Very hot)

Might have posted it before.

But yeah its very laid back, With an old architecture. Personally for me I like those holidays where Its laid back and I could relax, noise free.

There 4 star hotel are more like one rating down in comparison to the rest of europe.

First time I found the place a bit boring.

Highlighs

Second visit was much better. 

Boat trip to gozo island > ________, 

Jet ski

Trip to popeye village - Where the original film was shot. They have their in house made wine - A bottle is 8 euro. you gotta pick one up. Amazing fruit wine.

There was a boat trip  at the village. But water was too choppy on the day.

Loads of Brits out there still (retired)

When I went in the summer. it was a mixture italian, spanish. But majority Brits.

I might visit again but defo want to do a bit more. Maybe scuba diving & that speed boat parachute thing.

I will only spend a few days there tbh. You can walk half of the island in one day easily.

407765_10150709234669126_961475556_n.jpg

Siitting at the water front at the popeye village waiting for a boat

8099_10151237384374126_1710561750_n.jpg?

Some church on gozo island

394606_10151237373299126_22860202_n.jpg?

406252_10150709207059126_1852159683_n.jp

• Upvote 4

Yeah Malta is nice, also been twice. First time stayed in a big hotel. Too many old brits and germans fighting over sun lounger places but the surrounding areas were lovely. Second time stayed in a hotel overlooking the bay, bloody lovely.Much more upscale, pool on the roof etc.

One of the best things about Malta is everyone speaks english,weather is hot but if you're by the sea it's chilled,food is nice. One upsetting thing is lots of mangy looking cats around town (Maltese don't really like cats it seems)  But overall, it's very relaxing and nice to visit. One funny thing is there are lots of African immigrant guys around. Especially if you go down to the nightclubs in the evening, They seem to think they're american. :lol:  

But they were safe, no hassle, everyone was cool and laidback made a change to have black guys in the club and no beef whatsoever kicked off. Everyone just having a good time.

I heard it was racist tbh...

Naw they were bless tbh. I don't know why, but before I started travelling more frequently, acquaintances would always say so and so place would be racist towards black people. Now these are people that rarely travel outside the UK if at all. You get there and people are cool and interested at life in London.

Every place I've been to I get shown nothing but love. Even places like Sarajevo that I thought was going to be a bit lairy were amazing.

Yea dunno where this racist talk is coming from .

Place is calm. One maltese man I met from here work is a property developer over there and said if I ever needed a place to crash on my next visit I should holla. Introduced me to his fam and what not. They are calm. Trust

Naw they were bless tbh. I don't know why, but before I started travelling more frequently, acquaintances would always say so and so place would be racist towards black people. Now these are people that rarely travel outside the UK if at all. You get there and people are cool and interested at life in London.

Every place I've been to I get shown nothing but love. Even places like Sarajevo that I thought was going to be a bit lairy were amazing.

Guys insecurity n ignorance basically

What u get up to on Sarajevo?

Im loitering about the Bosnia Croatia border next year for a bit

Naw they were bless tbh. I don't know why, but before I started travelling more frequently, acquaintances would always say so and so place would be racist towards black people. Now these are people that rarely travel outside the UK if at all. You get there and people are cool and interested at life in London.

Guys insecurity n ignorance basically

What u get up to on Sarajevo?

Im loitering about the Bosnia Croatia border next year for a bit

They have an annual film festival, so I try to pop over for a two week break every year. 

Went Hiking this weekend gone at Snowdonia which is in the north west of Wales near the border.

Hiked for about 10k then went up the mountain, reached the peak then came back down took 6 1/2 hours in total then set up camp for the night

We went some next route up the mountain literally climbing it, it was nuts

Would highly recommend hiking to anyone, gonna look to do it again at a higher peak perhaps in a different country

Went Hiking this weekend gone at Snowdonia which is in the north west of Wales near the border.

Hiked for about 10k then went up the mountain, reached the peak then came back down took 6 1/2 hours in total then set up camp for the night

We went some next route up the mountain literally climbing it, it was nuts

Would highly recommend hiking to anyone, gonna look to do it again at a higher peak perhaps in a different country

which mountain u do?

i was in snowdonia last weekend, stopped at tywyn bay n we done cadair idris 

what was u wearin on ur feet?

swear these shit hiking boots ive got just fuck me over, specially down hill

climbed a big fuck off mountain in italy in my roshes n it was easy

wmkoqo.jpg

11jqbdk.jpg

Iceland's WOW air launches £99 flights from London to the USLow-cost airline to start flights from London Gatwick to Washington DC and Boston, with fares from £99 promised
wow-air_3081935b.jpg
Wow air will fly from Gatwick to Boston and Washington DC Photo: AP

12:01AM BST 23 Oct 2014

comments.gif17 Comments

It may be the cheapest transatlantic flight ever – £99 one way to Boston and Washington DC from London.

WOW air (www.wowair.co.uk), a budget Icelandic airline, is making an introductory fare available to those booking a selected number of sale-price seats online from today.

The carrier is launching new flights from London Gatwick to Boston Logan International Airport on March 27 and to Baltimore Washington International, on June 4. They all include a layover in Reykjavik, the tiny Icelandic capital.

This makes the journey to Boston about three hours longer than a direct flight to the city and five and a half hours longer on the way back.

For Washington, the outbound and return journeys take around two hours and four hours longer than direct ones respectively.

Related Articles
  • A quick look at the airline's website this morning revealed that single flights were available on some dates early next year at the £99 headline price - albeit with a £8.98 "booking fee" on top. A return journey to Boston departing on April 20 (on a £99 fare) and returning on April 26, taking only hand luggage, costs £235.48 in total.

A return flight on the same dates with British Airways, for example, costs £612 currently, or £592 returning a day later, though this includes taxes, fees and charges, complimentary meals and a 23kg checked luggage allowance. Fliers can also take two cabin sized bags on board.

The availability of the £99 seat price, which includes taxes, will be based on demand, a WOW air spokesman said, advising those wishing to take advantage of the deal to book sooner rather than later. Hand luggage of no more than 5kg is included but it will cost £39 to check in a bag online. Seats with extra legroom - 35 inches as opposed to the standard 30 inches - cost £14 each.

The flights from Reykjavik to the US will be operated using Airbus A321 Extended Range aircraft. WOW air’s existing Airbus A320 family aircraft will carry passengers from London Gatwick to Reykjavik on the first leg of the journey.

The London to Boston flight will operate five days a week, the Washington flight four.

“This is just the beginning of our plans to transform low-cost transatlantic flights," said Skúli Mogensen, CEO of WOW air, "we’re opening up the market to a whole new market of travellers who might previously not have been able to afford transatlantic travel."

The low-cost airline market is "scrambling to offer cheap flights to North America", Mogensen added.

WOW air's transatlantic foray comes less than four months after another low-cost airline, Norwegian, launched services from Gatwick to three US cities - New York, Los Angeles and Fort Lauderdale - using Boeing 787 Dreamliners.

Fare for those routes start from £149 per person, but are typically more expensive. The cheapest November flight to New York with Norwegian is £209 one-way, for example, while the cheapest flight in January 2015 is £179.

Telegraph Travel's Soo Kim was among those on board the inaugural service in July, and found that Norwegian's on board "extras" also raise the cost of flying considerably, with a small, 330ml bottle of water priced at $4 (£2.50), sandwiches from $11 (£6.85), headsets for in-flight entertainment costing $5 (£3.10) and blankets $4.

Ryanair has previously suggested it hopes to launch low-cost flights to the US - with selected fares starting at an ambitious £10. It does not currently possess the medium- or long-range airfraft to offer the routes, however.

Other low-cost airlines to have made a decent fist at long-haul services include Air Asia X, the Malaysia-based long-haul arm of Air Asia, and Jetstar, which flies from Australia to destinations such as Japan and Hawaii.

Some attempts were less sucessful, however. Laker Airlines tried and failed with a no-frills transatlantic model, as did Zoom Airlines, while Oasis Hong Kong went bankrupt in 2008, three years after launching flights from the Chinese city to Gatwick and Vancouver.

Anyone here been to Cape Verde before?  My girl and I were looking to go there before but the finances for both of us weren't in the best place.  Now, I'm planning to suprise her and cover both of us all inclusive next year and just wanted some recommendations.

all i kno is if your heart's set on it then check out holiday pirates, they've always got cape verde deals

had 1 the other week for 2015 worth a grand each up for £90, error in thomsons website or saink

all inclusive beach resort holidays are bland tho

could take her plenty nicer places