Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

The 22-year-old, who is being tracked by the Gunners, revealed he has already made a decision on his future but refused to confirm where he will be playing next season

Lyon midfielder Clement Grenier insists he has already made a decision over his future amid interest from Arsenal.

Earlier in May, Arsene Wenger confirmed to Telefoot that he was monitoring the 22-year-old, likening the playmaker to former Gunners player Samir Nasri.

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas warned Arsenal they would need to pay £31 million in order to sign the Grenier this summer, but the in-demand midfielder has now confirmed he has made a decision on his next destination.

"Have I made a decision? Yes. More or less. I keep it for myself as I care for my discussions I have had with the president and the coach," Grenier told Le Progres.

"I just want to say that I've never had demands. Moreover, either with the club or with my advisors, figures were never mentioned. My choice is a sporting one."

Grenier, who has recently been called up to the France national team for les Blues' upcoming friendlies against Uruguay and Brazil in the absence of Nasri, insists he is unfazed by speculation surrounding his future and will not be perturbed by competitions for places at the Emirates Stadium.

"A fight between Arsenal and Lyon for me? Maybe. The competition at Arsenal? There is already that here [at Lyon]," Grenier continued.

"It is the same in all the major clubs and it is not a hindrance in my decision making. I'm still a young player. But I always set goals and do everything to surpass myself. Whether it is at Lyon or elsewhere.

"For now, I'm still a Lyon player and I may stay next season. I do not know myself what will happen. The only thing I expect is really at a sporting level, and my desire is to progress."

Interesting to see where he ends.

Denilson is free to leave Arsenal after cancelling his contract by mutal consent.

Denilson, who has spent the last two seasons on loan at Sao Paulo, had a year to run on his current deal, but both parties have agreed to an early termination.

The 25-year-old has found himself down the pecking order in Arsene Wenger's plans and the Frenchman agreed to loan him back to his homeland in the summer of 2011.

Wenger is now willing to let Denilson quit the club for good as he looks to reshape his squad ahead of next season.

Denilson's agent, Alexandre Soares, has confirmed the midfielder is free to leave Arsenal and that a number of clubs are weighing up moves for his services.

"I can confirm Denilson and Arsenal have agreed to terminate his contract at the end of this month," Soares told Sky Sports.

"Denilson is free to move to another club and a number of clubs are interested in him.

"I do not want to name teams, but there is interest from Brazil as well as Russia, Italy, Germany and Turkey and I am talking to them.

"No decision has been made and we will assess all offers that come our way.

"If Denilson does stay in Brazil, Sao Paulo has the priority, but I do not rule out him moving to another Brazilian club as well."

Denilson joined Arsenal from Sao Paulo in August 2006 and has made over 150 appearances for the club.

Arsene Wenger has dropped the biggest hint yet that he is ready to make a move for the 27-year-old.

‘Rooney could be an interesting player for everybody in the world, who would turn him down?’ Wenger told Al Jazeera.

‘David Moyes' first challenge is to go in to Manchester and bridge the gap between him and Rooney.

‘If that is feasible or not depends on his personality and if Rooney bears a grudge or not, we will see. It will be interesting to see how that will be handled.’

Wenger is also interested in bringing former captain Cesc Fabregas back to the Emirates and believes the midfielder is suffering from a lack of first-team action at Barcelona.

Under the terms of his move to the Nou Camp back in 2011, the Gunners could be offered the chance of re-signing the Spaniard for as little as £20million.

'I think at the moment he's lacking the confidence of being a regular player,' added Wenger. 'Recently he has not been that.

'Cesc is such a passionate player, a player of such quality, that it must hurt him not to play in every single game. That's what he misses. When you come in and out you never play with full confidence.'

Celtic midfielder Victor Wanyama's mentor says a move to Arsenal this summer is too soon for the Kenyan.

Jean-Marie Abeels reared the £10million midfielder at his JMJ Youth Academy on the outskirts of Nairobi and is in weekly contact with his parents.

Abeels told the Daily Mail: "‘Victor’s father Noah calls me almost every week and he tells me Arsenal’s interest is big.

"Wenger spoke to Celtic around a month ago and Victor’s father and his mother Mildred says he would prefer to go there before any other club.

"I will be speaking to his parents again in a week’s time and Victor also. But I already know that Arsenal have a big interest in the player.

"Everything can change in a minute. It takes just one phonecall. It’s all a bit of a show at the moment. It’s all a game. It’s all about money.

"But Victor wants to go to a club where he will play.

"He is still young and I have told him he needs to be careful about when he takes the really big step. I think myself that it’s better that he has a step in between before going to the really big level."

Arsenal midfielder Tomas Rosicky has revealed that manager Arsene Wenger is keen to keep the Czech at the Emirates.

The 32-year-old has been linked with a return to Sparta Prague, but the midfielder has insisted that he will remain a Gunners player.

"At the end of the season I spoke with the coach and he said he wants me to stay at Arsenal," Rosicky told iDNEZ.cz.

"Of course you never know what can happen, but I should stay. Will I return to Sparta [Prague]? Not yet."

Every Wanyama comment I've read has us sounding like some sort of feeder club, so if true...

DO NOT WANT

Yep. Same with his agent and all. 

+ Seen him in a couple games and he gives away alot of fouls. 

Decent player but better options out there.