Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

No point crying over spilt milk tbh RE: carling cup final

/

Every year we have our best players targeted 

Like someone said, this is a non story which got remixed, just a poor attempt by the media to destabilise our camp

The media hates Wenger and what he represents it is as simple as that 

Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen says he hopes to stay at the Emirates.

But the Belgium international won't rule out a move away.

"It's difficult now to judge. I'm with the national team and I do not want to leave," said the defender, who added, "I am happy at Arsenal. Only I did not play much and that creates frustration, occasionally.

"But things can quickly return," says Vermaelen. "I quickly ended up on the bench, but I also quickly can become a first-choice player again. I will work hard for it.

"These are things that happen in professional football. Arsenal is a big club. There is a lot of competition. It is not easy to play in any match. But I don't lose sleep over it."

And this is why I try not to pay too much attention to players talking about ambition and leaving. Koscielny and Rooney being the latest examples, nah fuck that. Arshavin is a PRIME example.

Players moaning we need better signings and more quality. You get your wish. You also get the bench because they're better than you. And rather than fix up, work hard and try get back in, you whine, bitch and complain you're not getting enough playing time and want to move on. So you see, they want more quality, just not in their position.

Bell ends. The lot of them.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4957993/Arsene-Wenger-contract-hint.html

Wenger contract boost ARSENE WENGER has received the full backing of the Arsenal board — in a move that suggests he is set to sign a new long-term deal.

Gunners chief executive Ivan Gazidis spoke to SunSport and hinted the Frenchman will be offered an extension on his contract, which runs out next summer.

He said: “What I really don’t want to do is have a public discussion about Arsene’s contractual position.

“That would be a daily, weekly fixture on the public coverage if you start getting into that. What I will say is that we think we have got a fantastic manager.

“We hope that he wants to do what he is doing for the long term. I believe he does.

“I think he is still ambitious, still driven and sees the potential of the club as he looks forward and I think he is very excited by that.

“We have a great relationship and he has a great relationship with the board as well.

“So, quietly and at the right time I think we will make an announcement on that when things are all put in place.”

But have Arsenal already made him an offer?

Gazidis added: “I don’t want to get into that level because then it’ll be ‘you’ve made him an offer’. Then the next question will be ‘well, what did he say?’ and so on.

“This is going to happen very quietly behind closed doors, privately and then there will be an announcement.”

Gazidis refused to be drawn on whether talks had already taken place.

He argued: “I don’t even want to say that. We have got a lot of confidence in Arsene that he is the right person to take the club forward and I think he will want to do that.”

Gazidis was adamant uncertainty over Wenger’s long-term future will not affect Arsenal’s ability to attract players.

He continued: “I think players that are concerned about uncertainty probably think about Arsenal as the most certain place they could be in the world of football.

“This is a club that has had remarkable consistency in terms of its manager, its football philosophy, its direction and the consistent support from the board and our principal owner for our manager is pretty much unmatched, through some difficult periods as well.

“So if it’s consistency players are looking for, I think Arsenal would be a very attractive place to come.

“If you are asking me, is that an issue with players, the answer is ‘no.’

“It’s far more an issue with players signing at other clubs than it is at Arsenal. If players have that on their issue list, I think that’s a mark in our favour, not against us.”

The north London club have moved swiftly to activate the release clause in the Belgium international's contract and hope to wrap up a deal for the 25-year-old in the coming weeks

EXCLUSIVE

By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

Arsenal have made a sensational £22 million bid for Marouane Fellaini, Goal can reveal.

The Gunners have activated the release clause in the Everton midfielder's contract and are confident of wrapping up a deal for the 25-year-old in the coming weeks.

Goal understands that Arsenal made the club-record bid on Wednesday, the same day that Roberto Martinez was appointed the new Everton manager.

It is believed that Fellaini's buy-out clause is £22m for a top-four club, and £24m for a club that finishes outside the Champions League places.

The Belgian has been consistently linked with Chelsea in the last 12 months and speculation of a switch to Manchester United has intensified since Dave Moyes' appointment last month.

But Arsenal have made the first formal move for the Belgian in what is the first flexing of the London club's new-found muscle in the transfer market.

The Gunners have the best part of £100millon to spend this summer in what represents the biggest transfer kitty in the club's history.

The stunning swoop for Fellaini was made on the day that Everton chairman Bill Kenwright admitted the Merseysiders were vulnerable to offers for the versatile midfielder.

Kenwright has promised new manager Martinez he will receive 100 per cent of any income from sales after the Spaniard signed a four-year deal to become Moyes' successor.

"He talked about a couple of new signings and he talked about the squad and asked 'Do they need to go?'," said Kenwright of his discussions with the 39-year-old. "I said 'No, they absolutely do not have to go' (although) there is one (Fellaini) that has a get-out, which everyone knows."

Arsenal have already made moves for Swansea City defender and QPR goalkeeper Julio Cesar, but their pursuit of Fellaini will send shockwaves through English football.

Arsene Wenger is a long-time admirer of the Belgian, who joined Everton from Standard Liege in 2008 for a club-record £15m.

He is would bring a physical presence to the Arsenal ranks as well as a midfield versatility. Fellaini is on record as saying his favourite position is defensive midfield but he was used predominantly in an attacking role, supporting the main striker, last season.

Wayne Veysey @wayneveysey 1h

Huge Arsenal news coming up....

Exclusive: Arsenal make stunning £22million bid for Marouane Fellaini #AFC #EFC http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/06/06/4031002/arsenal-launch-stunning-22m-fellaini-bid 

Arsenal's Fellaini bid was made yesterday - same day that Martinez was appointed new Everton manager.

Key to Fellaini deal is that buy-out clause is £22million for a club who finished in top four. http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/06/06/4031002/arsenal-launch-stunning-22m-fellaini-bid 

Sky Bet @SkyBet 1h

We've slashed the odds on Arsenal signing Marouane Fellaini from 16/1 to 6/4 following a run of bets this evening: http://sky.me/ZTie9p 

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has admitted that his primary interest in wantaway Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney is an unquenchable thirst for revenge. Last summer, Arsenal begrudgingly sold the Premier League's top scorer, Robin van Persie, to the eventual Premier League champions. Now, Wenger craves a chance to turn the tables.

"There are obviously strikers who are cheaper, younger and better than Rooney," Wenger told reporters.

"But the opportunity to beat Manchester United with their poster boy makes my body tingle more than listening to Sade's greatest hits at a nudist camp. Normally the thought of spending £200,000 a week on the wages of one player makes me want to crawl into the fetal position and have Steve Bould spray me with a fire hose, but this would be so worth it."

Wenger's admission comes after Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis declared that the club will dramatically increase the funds available to bolster the squad this summer and that they can now afford Rooney's massive cost and more. Manchester United, meanwhile, have denied that Rooney is for sale even though he was excluded from their final match of the season after requesting a transfer for the second time in three years.

"I don't have to waste my time with players like Gervinho and Chamakh anymore," Wenger concluded while standing atop a table.

"Now I can buy expensive ones like Rooney and Fernando Torres. I might even pay to have Lionel Messi hypnotized and use him as a goalkeeper. Arsene Wenger has money now and I'm going to spend it like a meth-addicted Qatari sheikh. Eat my cash and repent! Repent!"

:rofl:

Arsenal have held further discussions with Gonzalo Higuain as they plot a £20million move.

The Argentina striker can leave Real Madrid this summer and is high on Arsene Wenger’s centre-forward wishlist.

The Gunners look set to miss out on Stevan Jovetic after Chelsea made their move for the forward, and Wenger now looks set to battle it out with Juventus for Higuain.

Wayne Rooney remains Wenger’s dream signing, but despite the club’s considerable spending power this summer, a successful move for the Manchester United forward could prove a step too far.

Higuain even admitted he would be interested in a move to the Emirates Stadium, saying last week: ‘Arsenal? They would suit me.’ The 25-year-old striker earns in the region of £130,000-per-week, which would be within Arsenal’s price range.

Marseille are keen on taking Arsenal striker Gervinho but only on loan. The French side are strapped for cash and have been priced out on other targets.

Barcelona remain keen on Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen.

Gonzalo Higuain to Arsenal transfer edges closer as striker holds fresh talks with Wenger

Hitman Real Madrid are happy to sell is easier to get than Rooney, younger than Villa and higher up the shopping list than Jovetic

Arsene Wenger is closing in on a £20million deal for Gonzalo Higuain after holding further talks with the Real Madrid striker.

Real president Florentino Perez has made it clear that Higuain is free to leave, and the Argentinian’s name has been circulated among Europe’s top clubs.

Arsenal boss Wenger is believed to have met Higuain and his father Jorge, who is also the 25-year-old's agent, in Paris, and they have now held further discussions about a potential move to the Emirates.

Higuain is high on Arsenal’s striker hit-list and the club have stacks of new cash to spend on A-list signings - as spelled out earlier this week by chief executive Ivan Gazidis.

World Cup star Higuain definitely fits into that category and, even though Arsenal face strong competition from Juventus, his signing could be an easier deal for them to get done than other options.

Higuain even admitted this week: “Arsenal? They would suit me. I’m still young and I have goals.”

Arsenal are monitoring developments on Manchester United’s unsettled Wayne Rooney, but would face competition from Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain and Monaco.

Despite watching him for months, Arsenal’s interest in Fiorentina’s Stevan Jovetic - who Chelsea are also in for - has faded.

Barcelona’s David Villa is also available, but Higuain is younger than the 31-year-old Spain international and more of a long term option.

Higuain's father admitted this week there has been contact from Arsenal and Italian champions Juve, and clearly it is a deal which interests Wenger greatly.

Manchester City tried to lure Higuain to the Premier League late in last year's summer window but could not get the deal over the line.

Arsenal would have to pay around £20m for Higuain and it would be possible to agree on his personal terms as he's on £130,000-a-week at the Bernabeu.

Jorge Higuain said: “Madrid will want to sell. Juventus or Arsenal? I guess he has spoken with them.

“The clubs first have to talk to Madrid and in direct negotiation. Higuain currently has three years left on his contract.”

Elsewhere, Arsenal also have an interest in Everton’s Belgian midfielder Marouane Fellaini but, contrary to reports, have yet to test his £22m buy-out clause and will have to discover if he would be keen on joining them.

They have held talks with QPR keeper Julio Cesar, who is available on the cheap to get his £70,000-a-week contract off the Hoops' wage bill following relegation, but have also looked at Sunderland’s Simon Mignolet, Asmir Begovic of Stoke and Hamburg No1 Rene Adler.

Arsenal are keen on Freiburg’s emerging talent Matthias Ginter, 19, who can operate in defence or midfield, but are facing strong competition from Borussia Dortmund.

Wenger is also confident on tying up a deal for Lyon midfielder Clement Grenier, 22, and may be willing to use Gervinho as part of an £8m deal.

But Marseille are also keen on Ivory Coast forward Gervinho, whose unpredictable form has left Wenger considering whether to cut his losses.

Napoli, meanwhile, remain interested in Thomas Vermaelen, Arsenal’s unsettled centre-back and captain.

David Moyes is ready to outgun Arsenal in a £40million bidding war for Cesc Fabregas.

Manchester United’s new boss refuses to give up on signing the former Gunners skipper who is out of favour at Barcelona.

Arsenal’s Arsene Wenger has first refusal on the World Cup-winning midfielder, 26.

But Moyes is ready to price him out in a straight fight this summer as he looks to start building a new era at Man Utd.

Fabregas has sad publicly that he wants to stay at the Nou Camp to fight for his place even after the £50m signing of Brazilian superstar Neymar.

But Moyes is ready to test his loyalty with the offer of playing at the heart of the team he is building at Old Trafford.

Moves to get Fabregas back to the Premier League began long before Moyes took over from Alex Ferguson last month.

Midfield is an area that needs urgent attention for the Premier League champs with Paul Scholes retired, leaving Michael Carrick and Tom Cleverley to carry the burden.

Brazilian Anderson and Japan’s Shinji Kagawa make up the numbers but are not in the same class as Fabregas.

The Spanish star slipped down the pecking order at Barcelona last season and the Gunners have been linked with a move to bring one of their most revered players back to England.

But as Gunners boss Wenger ups his interest in a deal to sign unsettled United striker Wayne Rooney, it dips heavily into his transfer budget for the summer.

That would weaken his stance in a tug-of-war for Fabregas who may not wish to leave Barcelona but is finding first-team chances limited at present.

He is planning talks over his future with Barca boss Tito Vilanova in the next few days.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has admitted that his primary interest in wantaway Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney is an unquenchable thirst for revenge. Last summer, Arsenal begrudgingly sold the Premier League's top scorer, Robin van Persie, to the eventual Premier League champions. Now, Wenger craves a chance to turn the tables.

"There are obviously strikers who are cheaper, younger and better than Rooney," Wenger told reporters.

"But the opportunity to beat Manchester United with their poster boy makes my body tingle more than listening to Sade's greatest hits at a nudist camp. Normally the thought of spending £200,000 a week on the wages of one player makes me want to crawl into the fetal position and have Steve Bould spray me with a fire hose, but this would be so worth it."

Wenger's admission comes after Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis declared that the club will dramatically increase the funds available to bolster the squad this summer and that they can now afford Rooney's massive cost and more. Manchester United, meanwhile, have denied that Rooney is for sale even though he was excluded from their final match of the season after requesting a transfer for the second time in three years.

"I don't have to waste my time with players like Gervinho and Chamakh anymore," Wenger concluded while standing atop a table.

"Now I can buy expensive ones like Rooney and Fernando Torres. I might even pay to have Lionel Messi hypnotized and use him as a goalkeeper. Arsene Wenger has money now and I'm going to spend it like a meth-addicted Qatari sheikh. Eat my cash and repent! Repent!"

:rofl:

:rofl: had to read that twice over. 

Why you say?

any new quotes?

its all one big smokescreen the whole lot of it

Fellani, Rooney and Higuain 

The only person we will probably get is Jovetic for some inflated price then he will be labelled as our marquee signing of the window and thats your lot

Personally for me best case scenario is we get Higuain + Cesc and maybe Cesar