Racism In Football

Admin.

Nobody hear about this?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12955/8394763/Police-called-in-as-Dagenham-s-Gavin-Hoyte-alleges-racist-comment-from-Rochdale-player

I was listening to the game on BBC Radio London at the time, after the game Agogo was saying he heard the Rochdale player call him a bleep which I'm guessing was nigger.

Gavin didn't want to press charges though, I was disappointed.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone watch special report

black players deserve everything they get now imo

shook ones

Fucking hell

Watching now i know black guys who go millwall week in week out bruv that guys deserves to be bricked. Slave what kind of chant is this

Same section week in week out. Remember I had a fight when arsenal beat Leeds guy called Henry a nigger in my face knocked him bruv we need zero tolerance everywhere

anyone watch special report

black players deserve everything they get now imo

shook ones

This is a sentiment I can agree with. How you gonna be in it, get that kind of abuse but then aint willing to speak up and do something about it?

Aint no grey area on this one cos its a clear case of If you aint with us solving the problem, you must be against us. Aint no fence to sit on.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The FA have accepted the resignation of Paul Elliott after the anti-racism campaigner called former Charlton defender 'n*****' in a furious string of text messages.

Elliott, a former Chelsea and Celtic defender, has resigned from his roles as a member of the FA's judicial panel and as a nominated member of UEFA committees as well as his role as a Kick It Out trustee.

Following a failed business venture involving the two The Sun reported that Elliott, 48, texted Rufus the words: 'Ur (sic) a stupid man n*****', adding: 'You dog. Ur history my friend.'

Elliott, made a CBE for his services to equality and diversity in football earlier this month, also allegedly texted Rufus: 'This will follow you scumbag.'

A statement released by the FA on Saturday read: 'The FA has today accepted the resignation of Paul Elliott from all roles representing the organisation.

'This follows a conversation in which discriminatory abusive comments were made to Richard Rufus.'

article-2283318-004EB73D00000258-442_468

Text row: Rufus spent 11 years at Charlton from 1993 to 2004

FA chairman David Bernstein said: 'I wish to thank Paul for his dedicated and unstinting work, particularly in the area of anti-racism. 

'I am saddened by this turn of events and it is with regret that we accept Paul's resignation.

'However, the use of discriminatory language is unacceptable regardless of its context and in effect has made Paul's position untenable.'

Elliott, who spoke of his 'great personal pride' on receiving his CBE, had been a trustee of Kick It Out since 1996.

Elliott released a statement via Kick It Out on explaining his decision.

He said: 'Earlier this week, a former friend and business colleague made public an SMS text message I sent him, in which I used a term which is widely known as being derogatory to my own community.

article-2283318-001CE79B00000258-200_468

'Untenable': David Bernstein thanked Elliott for his work

'I regret using it; it is inappropriate and not part of my everyday vocabulary.

'As an advocate of high standards of public behaviour, and integrity in public life, I know the use of this word sends out mixed messages and contradicts my position as a Kick It Out trustee.

'I will continue to be active in other projects in what I believe to be a true and just cause.'

A statement from Kick It Out read: 'Kick It Out extends its thanks to Paul for the key role he has played over the past 20 years, through his distinguished unpaid work, loyalty and devotion in helping the campaign in all areas of its work.

'His commitment to the aims and objectives of Kick It Out has inspired others everywhere.'

Rufus, 38, was forced to retire early from football in 2004 with persistent knee problems, just as Elliott had to do 10 years earlier.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2283318/Paul-Elliott-resigns-FA-racism-row-Richard-Rufus.html#ixzz2LjqGa1kK 

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

#beigetraitors