Racism In Football

Admin.

Facist salutes worse than racist chants ?

Not really.

Fascism isn't racism which is why I don't know why Di Canio gets the grief he gets tbh.

Di Canio clearly knows what Fascism is having read and heard interviews, this kid seems abit ignorant, did it more for show.

• Upvote 1

Hmmm,

In all honesty I don't think Di Canio gets any stick for his beliefs. He's still the charismatic Fiery Italian bloke. Not the angry racist thug in the eyes of the media. People who remember and see it as important comment on it but the media don't go to great length to bring it up often.

Interesting given my last post that on the announcement of Di Canio's appointment there was no mentioning of Fascist salutes on BBC news or on MOTD 2. He was described as a "character" and "Fiery"

David Miliband now has a little bit more spare time though.

Statement on Sunderland AFC role

March 31st, 2013

David Miliband said: “I wish Sunderland AFC all success in the future. It is a great institution that does a huge amount for the North East and I wish the team very well over the next vital seven games. However, in the light of the new manager’s past political statements, I think it right to step down.”

Rangers chief Charles Green criticised for 'racist' remark

1 hour ago

Charles Green's comments were labelled "racist and offensive"

An anti-racism charity has criticised Rangers chief executive Charles Green for using the term "Paki".

Newspaper reports at the weekend quoted Mr Green as saying he sometimes refers to the former Ibrox director, Imran Ahmad, as his "little Paki friend".

Show Racism the Red Card said the comments were "ill-advised" and "racist and offensive".

Mr Green said that he "deplores" racism and sectarianism, while accusing the organisation of a "knee-jerk reaction".

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-22064369

• 1 month later...

Massimiliano Allegri has admitted that Italian culture remains "backwards" following the racist abuse hurled towards Mario Balotelli in AC Milan's 0-0 draw with Roma on Sunday.The Rossoneri striker became the target of the visiting support when he was shown a yellow card for a late tackle in the latter stages of the first half and his coach believes the intentions of the guilty parties are an indictment on the country.

"My thoughts on the match being suspended for racist chanting? In Italy we have this mentality, a culture that is a little backwards because you should come to the stadium only to watch good football matches," he told Sky Sport Italia."We had two games in hand, now we only have one left and we will win at Siena. We risked [losing the match] in second half, playing with 10 men at the end and we kept a draw at home.

"I'm sorry that we've made our fans wait another week, but we know our fate is in our own hands. We'll be playing against a team who are already relegated, but we won't be receiving any gifts."

Allegri then attacked the decision to send off Sulley Muntari, but nonetheless remained confident in his side's ability to secure Serie A's third and final Champions League spot against relegated Siena next week.

"These things should not happen, it would have been another game 11 vs 11 and I could have made a few more changes [prior to the red card]. However, we have an advantage over Fiorentina, but we must win at Siena," he added.

"El Shaarawy? He must vary more in his play because Serie A has begun to work him out and above all he must not have to live with the obsession of scoring a goal.

"This team has 69 points after a disastrous start, so we must remain focused and not be fearful. We must approach Siena calmly."

Meanwhile, Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani confirmed that centre-back duo Cristian Zapata - currently on loan from Villarreal - and Philippe Mexes will stay on as the club's first-choice defensive pairing next season.

He told reporters: "Zapata and Mexes are a good defensive pair, and they will be here next season. I am confident we are going to play in the Champions League."

• 5 months later...

Roy Hodgson has become involved in a bizarre row over a space monkey joke and England World Cup hero Andros Townsend.

England boss Hodgson - who is believed to be upset over reaction to the joke - told it in the Wembley changing rooms at halftime of the Three Lions’ dramatic qualifying victory over Poland on Tuesday.

It was intended to illustrate the idea that Hodgson wanted right-back Chris Smalling to play the ball more often to Townsend, who was terrorising the Polish defence.

But it is believed at one least one player was shocked, because he thought it carried racist connotations.

Both Hodgson and the FA are mortified that what they insist is a horrible misunderstanding has become an issue.

The joke, which Hodgson is believed to have told in full, is one that was popular at American space agency NASA.

“NASA decided they’d finally send a man up in a capsule after sending only monkeys in the earlier missions,” the joke goes.

“They fire the man and the monkey into space.

“The intercom crackles, 'Monkey, fire the retros.'

“A little later, 'Monkey, check the solid fuel supply.'

“Later still, “Monkey, check the life support systems for the man.'

“The astronaut takes umbrage and radioes NASA, 'When do I get to do something?'

“NASA replies, 'In 15 minutes - feed the monkey.'”

Hodgson was trying to use the joke to emphasise to the England team that Townsend, who was having another brilliant game, held the key to victory.

Townsend and his father, Troy - who works for the anti-racist Kick It Out organisation - are not thought to have been angered by the remarks, but could not be reached for comment at the time of writing.

Hodgson, who achieved perhaps the best moment of his career on Tuesday when England qualified for next year’s World Cup, is upset about the furore.

The joke is insensitive, perhaps, in the current highly charged racial climate in football.

But Hodgson is an urbane, enlightened man, who may now be regretting using the wrong analogy.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/england-boss-hodgson-caught-up-2460799#ixzz2hvSyyTPp 

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

dont know if im missing it but, how the f*ck does that story in anyway relate to townsend's performance?

whos meant to be the man?

The monkey is doing all the work and the only thing the astronaut should do is feed the monkey = Townsend is on fire at the moment so the players should just give him the ball