Moyes Gone

HangTheDJ

all you "FFS fergie" and "fuck fergie" guys are gonna learn this season.

wheres the nigga that said he was tired of just winning the premier league? :rofl:

fergies last signing was David Moyes

snm

• 1 month later...

But – speaking at the launch of his autobiography in London today – Ferguson revealed he had to tell Rooney to stay out of club transfer business in 2010.
Ferguson said: "Ozil was not on our radar.
"I said that to Wayne at the time.
"We signed Chicharito [Javier Hernandez] that summer.
"My thoughts at the time were a Rooney and Chicharito partnership.
"That was a fair prospect for us to look at.
"When Ozil was at Werder Bremen he played wide right initially then they played him off the fronmt.
"That type of player was not necessarily on our radar.
"I told Wayne: 'Leave the signing of players to me'.
"We've got lots of them right."

Called out Rooney still

Said he's a slow learner and can never stay fit

He 100% would've sold him if he stayed

Wayne Rooney has been criticised by former Manchester United fitness coach Mick Clegg, who claims the England star was never as good as Cristiano Ronaldo because he hated going to the gym.

The 27-year-old has had doubts cast over him for several years regarding his fitness, and ahead of his crucial meeting with David Moyes, Clegg has a few ideas as to why the England star has somewhat fallen from grace.

Clegg told The Sun: 'Wayne didn’t see the importance of the gym really. He’d say, "I’m here to play football". I always wish I could have pushed Wayne that bit further.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2354497/Wayne-Rooney-hated-gym-Ronaldo-says-ex-Manchester-United-fitness-coach-Mick-Clegg.html#ixzz2iSRy5Yjn

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"I'm here to play football" you know, smh

Get this cancer out of the club 

Sir Alex Ferguson claims Wayne Rooney’s great qualities can be "swallowed up by a lack of fitness" in a no-holds-barred assessment of the Manchester United striker.

The former Old Trafford boss has opened up on the England’s talisman in his newly-published autobiography, explaining that the striker is “not the quickest learner” and how his condition can detrimentally affect his performances.

Sir Alex uses the example of when he dropped Rooney for a league match against Blackburn Rovers in December 2011 after being angered by the player’s display in training following a Boxing Day night out with team-mates Darron Gibson and Jonny Evans.

SIR ALEX FERGUSON'S AUTOBIOGRAPHY
READ FERGUSON'S EXPLOSIVE QUOTES ON DAVID BECKHAM, ROY KEANE & MORE...

“They came into training the next day weary,” writes Sir Alex. “I went into the gymnasium where they were doing their exercise and told them they would be fined a week’s wages and not considered for selection against Blackburn on the Saturday.

“Wayne needed to be careful. He has great qualities about him but they can be swallowed up by a lack of fitness. Look at the way [Cristiano] Ronaldo or [Ryan] Giggs look after themselves. Wayne needed to grasp the nettle. If he missed a couple of weeks for United, it could take him four or five games to get his sharpness back.

“He would receive no leniency from me. I would hammer him for any drop in condition. It was quite simple – he wouldn’t play. That’s the way I always dealt with fitness issues, regardless of the player involved, and I saw no reason to change in the final years of my career.

“In my final year, when he was left out a few times, and replaced in big games, I felt he was struggling to get by people and had lost some of his old thrust. But he was capable of making extraordinary contributions. That pass to Van Persie in the win over Aston Villa that secured the title for us was marvellous, as was his overhead kick against Man City. Those flashes guaranteed his profile. But as time wore on, I felt he struggled more and more to do it for 90 minutes, and he seemed to tire in games.

“I took him off in that Aston Villa game because Villa were a very young side full of running, and their substitute was running past Wayne.”

Sir Alex does not budge from his public stance that Rooney asked to leave United at the end of last season, claiming both the player and his long-time agent Paul Stretford made verbal transfer requests.

“He came into my office the day after we won the league and asked away. He wasn’t happy with being left out for some games and subbed in others. His agent Paul Stretford phoned David Gill with the same message.

“All players are different. Some are happy to stay at the same club their whole careers; others need fresh challenges, as Van Persie felt when he joined us from Arsenal. The urge to fight and flourish would not be extinguished in Wayne. I left him to discuss his future with David Moyes, hoping to see many more great performances from him at Old Trafford.”

In a fascinating passage of the book, Sir Alex said Rooney would get worked up if he was singled out for criticism by his manager.

“I admit I gave Wayne a few rollickings,” writes the former United boss in My Autobiography, which is published today by Hodder & Stoughton.

“And he would rage in the dressing room when I picked him out for criticism. His eyes would burn, as if he wanted to knock my lights out.

“The next day he would be apologetic. When the anger subsided, he knew I was right – because I was always right, as I liked to tease him. He would say: ‘Am I playing next week, boss?’ ‘I don’t know,’ I would say.

“In my opinion he was not the quickest learner but what he had was a natural instinct to play the game, an intuitive awareness of how football worked. A remarkable raw talent. Plus, natural courage and energy, which is a blessing for any footballer.

“The ability to run all day is not to be undervalued. In a training ground exercise he wouldn’t absorb new ideas or methods quickly. His instinct was to revert to type, to trust what he already knew. He was comfortable in himself.”

Rooney was signed from Everton for what Sir Alex claims was a fee of “just off £25million with some add-ons” in the aftermath of Euro 2004 after Bill Kenwright broke down in tears in the former manager’s office as he accepted the player was heading to Old Trafford.

“Wayne possessed a marvellous nautral talent and was entitled to be given time to make the transition from boy to man. He was a serious, committed footballer with a hunger for the game. At that point in his development, Wayne needed to train all the time, and did so willingly.

“He was never the sort who could take days off. He needed to train intensively to be on the sharp edge of his game. Whenever he was out for a few weeks with an injury, Wayne’s fitness would drop quite quickly. He has a big, solid frame, and broad feet, which may partly explain his metatarsal injuries in that period.

“I knew straight away that he was the player our intuition said he would be. Courageous, reasonably two-footed – although he uses his left foot less than he could.

“With the kind of physique he had it was always hard to imagine him playing into his mid-thirties, like [Paul] Scholes or [Ryan] Giggs, but I developed an expectation when he re-signed for us in October 2010 that he might end up as a midfielder.”

• Upvote 6

man basically said i signed the white pele and ended up with thomas gravesen 

SAF on Hargreaves: "Almost too nice", Kleberson: "Paid too much attention to what his wife wanted", Bebe: "Capable of 20 goals a season"

Mark Bosnich

Described the goalkeeper as a "terrible professional"... Bosnich was tucking into everything: sandwiches, soups, steaks. He was going through the menu, eating like a horse."