Libyan Slave Trade

yhfam

Who mentioned a relatives child?

Yes, often most times they can kick when they want.

Some even go on holidays and decide not to return. No repercussions for doing so.

Listen, I am not saying people havent been exploited as a house help or what not. Its just doesn't compare to what happening in libya.

51 minutes ago, cambridgebanteer said:

:/

I went to ghana in 2013, went my boy's uncle's house 1 day - wasn't even allowed to pour my own water at the table, uncle talked to them like shit. They lived in some dusty area at the back of the house. Treated like family members yeh? 

This is all true and anyone that denies is gassing 

but like I said they are not held captive and it can be argued the conditions they face are much better than being in the village 

1 hour ago, cambridgebanteer said:

:/

I went to ghana in 2013, went my boy's uncle's house 1 day - wasn't even allowed to pour my own water at the table, uncle talked to them like shit. They lived in some dusty area at the back of the house. Treated like family members yeh? 

Contrary to what Ghanian's believe, Africa doesn't revolve around their country. Whatever you saw there doesnt exactly reflect what goes on in countless other Aff ppls homes. Simi darg?

• Downvote 2

12 hours ago, Afroman said:

Exactly.

Most House Boy/Girls are often an extension of the family. In some households they get their wages paid  directly to them, as expected .  Some get their education paid for and other expenses paid for too.

The problem  with the Housemaid thing is in palces like africa is lts not regulated, so yes, there are chances of them getting exploited.

But comparing it to the slavery we are witnessing in Libya is a stretch imo.

Lol at smacking a housemaid. Thats suicidal in Naij anyway. I have heard of maids organising armed robbers to come and clean up their employers yard. 

Alie lool at constantly mistreating the person who handles your food.

• 2 weeks later...

Black The Ripper can fuck off man, tryna tell these people around who are making an effort to protest that they don't really care.

The girl 3 mins in was right with "I don't know why we're standing here" though, should be marching to 10 Downing Street. When people say "Theresa May and the Conservative Party doesn't care that black people are being sold into slavery", when you send that message then you might have things starting to happen. Libyan politicians aren't gonna respond to British civilians.