Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/esclusiva-tmw-bronzetti-arsenal-higuain-fatta-non-mi-risulta-458640

If Higuain goes to Arsenal? Not to my knowledge." IMEMC spoke exclusivelyErnesto Bronzetti , agent and intermediary market very close to the events of Real Madrid. "Besides, is still defined the situation of the new coach, Carlo Ancelotti could be. Until then nothing is definitive, but I can only say that about Higuain there are 5-6 teams, not just Juventus and Arsenal."

Don't see Wenger dropping Arteta.

Yeah if anything its ramsey getting dropped

But wenger has so much faith in him and he had a good 2nd half of the season so I could see us not even signing a midfielder saying that surely its time for a diaby replacement 

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/esclusiva-tmw-bronzetti-arsenal-higuain-fatta-non-mi-risulta-458640

If Higuain goes to Arsenal? Not to my knowledge." IMEMC spoke exclusivelyErnesto Bronzetti , agent and intermediary market very close to the events of Real Madrid. "Besides, is still defined the situation of the new coach, Carlo Ancelotti could be. Until then nothing is definitive, but I can only say that about Higuain there are 5-6 teams, not just Juventus and Arsenal."

This bronzetti is any guy.

Higuaims dad his his agent and he has confirmed advanced talks with us already.

It's not his distribution that bothers to me, because even with guys like Carrick, we gotta remember he plays for a United side that a more direct than us so of course, he's more likely to play vertical passes.

My main issue is he isn't technically good enough at defending & he lacks mobility that is required.

Great squad player though.

• Upvote 2

Hmm I dunno, he's better than Carrick at defending, but Carrick plays in a defensively superior team, it's the same problem as there was with Song & Denilson

Arteta individually is much more of a destroyer (he isn't a destroyer of course) than a lot of deep lying playmakers, his ratio of tackles to interceptions, and tackles compared to other players of the same mould tackles is generally a lot higher

However he himself isn't good enough defensively (or the same mould of player) to cover the large majority of defensive work, especially with the absolutely inadequate pressing that is carried out by the rest of the team 

I agree he can be a great squad player, though ideally the position needs to be filled by Feillani tbh, even think Feillani would be a priority over Higuain..

Your right though his mobility on the pitch is similar to the mobility of his hair

No way is Arteta better at defending than Carrick

Carrick is better positionally and at intercepting

Arteta is a better tackler and is more 'active' defensively

nah carrick is 100% a better tackler and better anticipation wise

carricks defensive game is underrated 

Nah Carrick definitely isn't a better tackler, he rarely makes tackles, all his defensive work is done via positining, anticipation interceptions & sheparding

Most of Artetas is done through tackling, then interceptions (compared to Carrick)

No way is Arteta better at defending than Carrick

Carrick is better positionally and at intercepting

Arteta is a better tackler and is more 'active' defensively

nah carrick is 100% a better tackler and better anticipation wise

carricks defensive game is underrated 

Nah Carrick definitely isn't a better tackler, he rarely makes tackles, all his defensive work is done via positining, anticipation interceptions & sheparding

Most of Artetas is done through tackling, then interceptions (compared to Carrick)

i disagree have seen arteta at the emirates a few times he is really slow and flat footed even if he tries to intercept its easy to by pass him. just with pace. like if he was amazing at interceptions,positioning and anticipation he can get away with it but he lacks all 3 things IMO

plus his tackling lacks bite not enough conviction in the tackle 

if i had to choose carrick or arteta for the pivot/anchor man role i would pick carrick every time