Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

"I told my agent the choice would be made between these two clubs. Lille's coach Rudi Garcia called me all the time. I hesitated a lot," he said.

"Gilles Grimandi [Arsenal scout] came to see me from time to time at Auxerre too. One day he called me for a meeting in a Paris hotel and Arsene Wenger was there. I was very impressed."

He continued: "Wenger told me I would get opportunities and reassured me about my injury. He told me he had followed me for years. That meeting was very important and today I am an Arsenal player.

"It will be an amazing adventure. I am just eager to start in one of the best leagues in the world. It is a dream that has come true."

Higuain is understood to have agreed personal terms of around £130,000 a week and is on the verge of leaving Real Madrid to become the first high-profile recruit of the summer at the Emirates Stadium.

Wenger has been notoriously cautious in recent years but is determined to strengthen his squad after clinching a place in next season's Champions League and is ready to revise Arsenal's wage structure in a bid to attract the world's elite players.

Arsenal's board have made £70 million available for the Frenchman to spend and the fee for Higuain will smash the club's previous transfer record of £15 million for Andrey Arshavin in 2009.

The Argentina international, who was a target for Manchester City last year, has met with Wenger and is now waiting for Arsenal to conclude negotiations with Madrid before his new club fly out to the Far East for a pre-season tour next month.

Juventus had also registered their interest in the 25-year-old forward but Arsenal are growing increasingly confident of reaching an agreement in the next few days.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10130864/Gonzalo-Higuain-is-nearing-towards-a-22-million-move-to-Arsenal.html#disqus_thread

130k will be highest earner init

jack and feo wont be too happy bout that

They should be fine tbh, nobody is going to be pissed about a player of that calibre being on 130k a week. Think people would've been more pissed about about Feo touching the 100k

/

Good news about Sanga, thought he was a gonna.

Szcezny

Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Monreal

Arteta -------------

----------Wilshere

Cazorla

Walcott------------------Podolski

Higuain

Competition/cover needed in midfield

Rosicky has signed

Jenkinson will slowly take over RB next season

Vermaelen needs to up the performances

Giroud on the Bench

Bring Julio Cesar in imo

A high class midfielder too like Feillani would be a good option, he and arteta in midfield with wilshere, Cazorla playing off the left coming infield

Both Feillani & Higuain may be unrealistic though, shit even one of them might be

I see that line up and I expect that's how we're going to head into next season with.

Could we afford to go into next season without adding into a GK, RB, CM, AM spot? we could probably get away with it, Wenger has been getting away with it for years and this year will be no different.

If we had the luxury of being able to fund a full strength squad then I'd like Sceszneys position to be put under pressure with a high class 30+ because the lad has had it too easy just swanning into pole position without anything to motivate him to improve or no real fight on his hands, he needs to fight to appreciate what he's been given and Fabianski, Mannone can't do that, he knows that he's better than them in all areas we need a keeper to question himself and go to another level.

Not happy with Mertersacker in all fairness, he was good last season but on too many occassions he was a sitting duck in defence for someone with just a hint of pace and we really can't play the offside trap with him in the squad which is a real disapointment. What he did show was great leadership qualities by keeping us organised in high pressured situtations but if we're going to the next level I'd like a little bit more security at the back in terms of movement and pace. I'm probably being picky here anyway, he'll lead the line next season.

Podolski is a wierd one, I just hate that he plays the game with a tendency to save energy in the tank, you can see him tracking back at half pace which comes as no surprise he fails to stay beyond the 70 minute marker which is really disapointing. There's no way he should be played in a lone role up front but out wide he should have at least another 2 years at the top for us although I'd like us to start thinking of his replacement sooner rather than later.

• Upvote 1