Tube strike (Monday evening/tuesday)

Afroman

London Underground workers will stage two further strikes in the dispute over night Tube plans, the Rail, Maritime and Transport (RMT) union said.

The 24-hour walkouts will begin at 18:30 BST on Tuesday 25 August and at 18:30 on Thursday 27 August.

The union said the strikes are over work-life balance and job cuts when the all-night tube is introduced in September.

Station staff will strike from 18:30 each day and drivers from 21:00.

:rofl:

luckily ill be out the country that week

snap

Tryna ruin my holiday

Hate getting cab to the airport

jump into the 15 plate and on to work 15 minutes drive gang >>

Did you get your car through the NHS salary sacrifice scheme?

https://www.cpcdrive.nhs.uk/lease-cars.html

Inconvenience that they are striking but I agree someone should not be made to work til sunday morning and expected back in work monday morning without a rest day

Was that letter supposed to pull on my heart strings? If you dont like the job or the working hours f*ck off and do something else.

Like other human beings arent doing unsociable hours and missing out on family time for a lot less money. No sympathy at all.

I hear both sides of the argument.

If I signed a contract saying my hours were this, then suddenly You're making me do that, and I want to keep my current contracted hours I wouldn't be happy and I shouldn't have to change my hours.

But I understand the business needs a balance of experienced staff during the day and night. Service would be no good if they made all the new drivers work the night shifts as has been suggested, especially as that may not attract the same calibre of staff.

Someone stabbed a London Underground worker at finsbury park today

like the guy on lbc said.. the only reasons people object to these strikes is of envy and selfishness.. more envy though.

let them strike every day that will get some attention

!

Some of the responses show just how selfish people are in general

As if to say these guys should have their whole work life balance flipped and are expected to just sit back and take it on the chin

I wouldn't

So regardless of the disruption it may cause I don't expect them to either.

• Upvote 1

Lmao

like the guy on lbc said.. the only reasons people object to these strikes is of envy and selfishness.. more envy though.

let them strike every day that will get some attention

!

Some of the responses show just how selfish people are in general

As if to say these guys should have their whole work life balance flipped and are expected to just sit back and take it on the chin

I wouldn't

So regardless of the disruption it may cause I don't expect them to either.

Totally agree

some d*ck at work always repeatin the 50k salary line. Purely because he believes only academic puruits are worthy of reward and hes maaaad jealous