RVP Contract Situation

gemma

Booy,

The best situation for us is to go ahead and sell him.

Arsenal fans may think "WTF" but when you consider he hasn't done much for 6 years and always has a risk of being out with serious injuries he's also reaching past his prime and there's no better chance to cash in for £30m+. There's certainly more benefits to selling him than keeping him and in Business you need to make these key decisions.

Realistically we wouldn't miss him if we had Giroud and Podolski it's only a matter of how the squad reacts to his departure.

I have zero faith in the boards or even wengers ability to replace that man

truusstt

i wudnt mind selling him, if we had some nice up an coming back up guys, but i know for a fact that wenger will go a buy a replacement for 7 mill, with benefits

He's definatley replaceable that's one thing we know.

Wenger has replaced Wright, Bergkamp, Kanu, Henry in the past so I don't see why we should be fearful of RVP going and Wenger having £40m to spend.

RVP scores goals yes, is it a hard art? no not really all you have to do is put the ball in the back of the net so why should we be so fearful of losing him?

He's 29, injury prone, at his market peak and about to hit a decline in his career so why keep him at £150k a week?

Giroud is a perfect replacement, cheap, strong, skillfull, great movement, excellent scoring record

• Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is an update for the fans about my current situation. I have kept quiet all this time out of respect and loyalty for the club and as agreed with Mr. Gazidis and Mr. Wenger, but since there is so much speculation in the media, I think it is fair for you guys to know what’s really going on at the moment.

As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the Boss and Mr. Gazidis after the season. This was a meeting about the club’s future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.

I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days. Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.

I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.

I love the club and the fans, no matter what happens. I have grown up and became a man during my time with Arsenal FC. Everybody at the club and the fans have always supported me over the years and I have always given my all (and more) on and off the pitch. I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last 8 years. As soon as Mr. Gazidis is back from his 2-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments.

Robin van Persie

http://robinvanpersi...e-for-the-fans/

Cash in

its only a matter of time before he gets injured again

Only City would be stupid enough to pay 15

8m should secure it

Not really surprised, is a shame its come to this yet again!

I'm sick to the back teeth of every bloody summer one of our big names ends up going.

If he ends up at City he'll be a c*nt.

For goodness sake Arsenal sort it out, going into another season of bullshit.

• Upvote 2