Pato's Career Done?

Mame Biram Diouf

• 2 weeks later...

we tried getting him in summer but he didnt want to leave.

Has he stayed fully fit in Brazil? i know hes been bagging

we tried getting him in summer but he didnt want to leave.

Has he stayed fully fit in Brazil? i know hes been bagging

He is fully fit

He wouldn't be an upgrade on Soladao or Defoe because he offers nothing if he isn't scoring

The goals have dried up

His own fans want him out because he isn't performing

Levy will prob just cop Leandro for 2m :lol:

• Upvote 1

Good points. Some people are injury prone, in that case those players should definitely take their care out if the hands of their employers. RVP "was" injury prone, Giggs was injury prone.

The fact remains though that clubs will employ doctors and surgeons to do what is best for the club. With the money top flight footballers are earning they should employ doctors to do what's best for the individual.

When a player gets injured the club won't say. "Right, treat him and get him fully fit" the first fm thing they'd say us "how soon are we looking to get him back?"

Pato has probably already suffered irreversible damage, I gaurentee that off the record the doctors that treated his earlier injuries would say alternative more beneficial measures could've been taken.

How many players play with painkilling injections? Utterly stupid unless your a player coming to the very end of your career I guess.

A doctor with your best interests at heart would never recommend playing on a painkilling injection.

I 'd love to hear Kieron Dyer's early doctors and surgeons talk about what could've been done differently.

Hargreaves is another one. Wes Brown another. Don't know anything about Ledley King but I imagine things could've been done a little differently there to.

Giggs has come out in the past and spoken about how his injury issues ironed out once he started to take more of an interest in his treatment and rehabilitation.

A side issue.

The Lloris saga made me laugh this week as certain quarters are going mad over it, when Lukaku scored against West Ham (I think it was) he was knocked out and said he couldn't remember the goal. That indicates a degree of concussion. I thought there was a blanket rule of a 9 day non contact rule, meaning the guy cant even train with the rest of the squad.

At FC United earlier in the season we had a key player who got a minor head injury and showed some signs of concussion he was left out of contact action for 2 weeks as a precaution. Lukaku played the following game.

If he went to a private doctor of his own back the doc would've said "I reconend you sit out for a week or so.

Good points. Some people are injury prone, in that case those players should definitely take their care out if the hands of their employers. RVP "was" injury prone, Giggs was injury prone.

The fact remains though that clubs will employ doctors and surgeons to do what is best for the club. With the money top flight footballers are earning they should employ doctors to do what's best for the individual

And doing what is best for the club is not giving their players the best possible treatment??

AC Milan invested heavily in their medical centre as do many other top clubs

http://www.meerssemanlab.com/Meersseman_Lab/Inside_AC_Milan_Lab.html

The latest with Alexandre Pato is that Corinthians have put the player up for sale and are only concerned about getting their cut. Pato took reduced wages when he joined the Brazilian club on the condition that he'd get 40% of any future transfer fee. Corinthians want a minimum of €12m which would mean if Pato insists on his full cut he'll cost €20m and if he drops it to 20% he'll cost €15m, Negotiation is probably likely on both sides.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/tottenham-transfer-updates-on-pato-banega-neilton-and-pirlo