Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency / ICO / NFT Topic

Mr. Martinez

article i read was saying MtGox was getting DDOSed again

What did you get in at Eskimo?

I actually saw this unfold before my very eyes. Could've sold my 4.3 coins @ £150 each but I'm going to just stick with it all the way.

Currently @ £80

I trade, so I basically buy and look to sell for a profit within a day or so. Made about £1000 in the last 5 days but the markets seized up so will have to leave it for a week.

They may not have invented Facebook, but twin tech entrepreneurs Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss — better known to the world as the Winklevoss twins, or Winkelvii — are deep into the next big online trend. The brothers claim to have amassed one of the largest portfolios of Bitcoin in the world, worth around $11 million, or about 1 percent of the entire currency's dollar value equivalent, as the New York Times Dealbook reports.

That staggering amount comes in a little less than a year, as the brothers are only reported to have begun "dabbling" in Bitcoin starting last summer. “We have elected to put our money and faith in a mathematical framework that is free of politics and human error,” Tyler Winklevoss told Dealbook. The 31-year-old brothers also seem unfazed by the market's tumult in the past few days: “People say it’s a Ponzi scheme, it’s a bubble,” Cameron said. “People really don’t want to take it seriously. At some point that narrative will shift to ‘virtual currencies are here to stay.’ We’re in the early days.”

http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/11/4213956/whats-cooler-than-a-million-dollars-winklevoss-twins-own-1-percent-of

Owners of bitcoins have also become the target of cyber thieves keen to cash in on the boom in the digital currency.

A phishing gang posted a message to the discussion forum of a website used by many bitcoin traders saying MTGox was about to start trading "litecoins" - an alternative to bitcoins. In the message was a link that supposedly connected to an official MTGox chat site.

In fact, the site that people were taken to if they clicked on the link was fake and, via a booby-trapped update file, installed malicious software that then emptied digital wallets of bitcoins. At least one trader was hit in the attack and lost 34 bitcoins as a result.

In a post about the theft posted to the Bitcointalk forum, the victim said he was "stupid" not to have taken more trouble to stay safe but added: "This is a serious loss for me, and unless this is handled correctly this can also badly affect the community."

if this was 4 days ago (no idea when it was, site wont load) man woulda lost just under 6 bags