UK Politics Topic

Don Crack

• 2 weeks later...

Government plans to axe maintenance grants for poorest students without Commons vote and debate ‘frightening and undemocratic’

http://www.independent.co.uk/student/news/government-plans-to-axe-maintenance-grants-for-poorest-students-without-commons-vote-and-debate-a6811786.html

fucking depressing every time I heard about what our government is doing

Government plans to axe maintenance grants for poorest students without Commons vote and debate ‘frightening and undemocratic’

http://www.independent.co.uk/student/news/government-plans-to-axe-maintenance-grants-for-poorest-students-without-commons-vote-and-debate-a6811786.html

f*cking depressing every time I heard about what our government is doing

my heart just keeps dropping

If i never had the maintenance grant and the hardship fund and worked my arse off at numerous jobs whilst doin a 9-5/5 day a week course, I could not have survived

/

non-eu migrants gta leave if they don't earn under 35K :/  if Theresa has her way that will be in April

such a long way til 2020, can't imagine what this country will look like. All these politicians will be on the way to retirement sunning themselves while the poor die

Over *

?

Students who acquire large debts putting themselves through school are unlikely to think about changing society. When you trap people in a system of debt they can't afford the time to think. Tuition fee increases are a disciplinary technique, and by the time students graduate, they are not only loaded with debt, but have also internalized the disciplinarian culture. This makes them efficient components of the consumer economy.

In 1984, his government notoriously despatched agents to London to drug kidnap Umaru Dikko, a minister in the previous government accused of embezzlement.

The plot was only rumbled when a customs officer at Stansted Airport became suspicious about a crate marked “diplomatic baggage” that was due to be picked up by a Nigerian airliner, and opened it to find an unconscious Mr Dikko inside.

lol no fucks given

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Students who acquire large debts putting themselves through school are unlikely to think about changing society. When you trap people in a system of debt they can't afford the time to think. Tuition fee increases are a disciplinary technique, and by the time students graduate, they are not only loaded with debt, but have also internalized the disciplinarian culture. This makes them efficient components of the consumer economy.

Quote of the decade

• Upvote 1