2017/18 Hot Summer

1 hour ago, JOHN DOE said:

Savages for dealing like that to a convicted drug dealing murderer who escaped from pen 

hmmm

If we’re meant to live in a civilised society, the police shouldn’t pick and choose the level of force used on criminals based on their crime.

I’m in no way defending the criminal, but that’s how it starts. If you don’t set standards for how the police conduct themselves, next they’ll be yanking a young black boy off his bike and suffocating him to death.

Oh wait, that already happened. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/aug/21/rashan-charles-death-police

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Seydou said:

I see both sides of the argument but I just can't see police man going up to a dangerous individual on a :

" excuse me sir, can you please put your hands behind your back...please?

Exactly.

man are trying to make it home to their family after their shift, not end up in a body bag trying to respect his human rights.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Seydou said:

I see both sides of the argument but I just can't see police man going up to a dangerous individual on a :

" excuse me sir, can you please put your hands behind your back...please?

Who in here is saying they should be polite? Who’s saying they should cuddle these criminals and sing them a lullaby to sleep?

FFS no one is even suggesting that. Reasonable force doesn’t mean they should act like thugs on a night out.

They’ve been given  tasers for a reason. They can restrain them. They have batons. That video looks like a straight beat down. That’s why they get away with the amount of men (especially  black men) dying in custody and with no charges being pressed.

If you create a narrative of “well the police can use any force necessary because of how dangerous the criminal is” where do you draw the line?

Below, another case of an officer getting away with acting like a thug because he “feared for his life.”

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/crime-court/joshua-savage-found-not-guilty-of-assault-knife-possession-and-criminal-damage-charges-1-5626930

Next time you get pulled over for a dim tail light and the police decide to smash up your car, we’ll see if you’re singing the same tune. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Yeah I get it there are people carrying out heinous acts running our streets and the police have a job to do

The problem is some of them are going above and beyond what they have been given a mandate to do by the public

Tazing and punching someone repeatedly who's laying on the ground in a prone position who's already being restrained by a ridiculous number of people is neither lawful nor is it anything to do with police officers having a desire to make it home to their family after their shift let's have it right

They're taking the law into their own hands

• Upvote 1

None of us have a clear view of what’s going on the ground, so I’m not sure how you can claim anything so confidently.

What may look in control from the fifa broadcast view of the scene may have been actual chaos, in the 30 second in probably all went down in.

It’s a weird hill to die on, defending the escaped murderer from excessive force in securing him, and essentially protecting the public.

Either way I don't think there's enough evidence to jump either way, but it shows where clear bias sit in light of concrete evidence.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheOneGameBaller said:

Who in here is saying they should be polite? Who’s saying they should cuddle these criminals and sing them a lullaby to sleep?

FFS no one is even suggesting that. Reasonable force doesn’t mean they should act like thugs on a night out.

They’ve been given  tasers for a reason. They can restrain them. They have batons. That video looks like a straight beat down. That’s why they get away with the amount of men (especially  black men) dying in custody and with no charges being pressed.

If you create a narrative of “well the police can use any force necessary because of how dangerous the criminal is” where do you draw the line?

Below, another case of an officer getting away with acting like a thug because he “feared for his life.”

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/crime-court/joshua-savage-found-not-guilty-of-assault-knife-possession-and-criminal-damage-charges-1-5626930

Next time you get pulled over for a dim tail light and the police decide to smash up your car, we’ll see if you’re singing the same tune. 

not jinxing myself 

but i was stopped multiple times when i was younger 

stopped and search by tsg vans, bully vans 

been apprehended  by gun police twice 

and i have never received any tumps 

however if i am a drug dealing convicted murderer who escaped prison i think a couple of tumps is fair game 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

Got pulled up on last night by undies who asked if smoking a joint to which I replied yes (got caught in the act) then asked if I was on my own I said yes they then said have a good night then drove off 

no search and no confiscation of my zoot or anything

Not all police will be like that but one thing I will always say is that if your cool 8-9 times out of 10 they will be too

4 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

None of us have a clear view of what’s going on the ground, so I’m not sure how you can claim anything so confidently.

What may look in control from the fifa broadcast view of the scene may have been actual chaos, in the 30 second in probably all went down in.

It’s a weird hill to die on, defending the escaped murderer from excessive force in securing him, and essentially protecting the public.

Either way I don't think there's enough evidence to jump either way, but it shows where clear bias sit in light of concrete evidence.

Ah the age old chestnut

We can't see what's happening in the video

Guy could be pummeling the geezer on the floor but he also could be doing a few single arm bent over DB rows just to get the blood pumping but at the end of the day we can't really tell enni

:rofl:

U lot r moving mad

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, dayomesaydayo said:

Is it safe to say northern police are way more savage than london police???

Can anyone who has lived both up north and london confirm

Police are allowed to punch and kick you up. Their order of conduct runs something like this

1. Officer presence
  2. Verbal commands
  3. Open “soft” hand tactics
  4. OC (pepper spray) or CEW (TASER)
  5. Closed “hard” hand tactics
  6. Impact weapons (beanbag shotgun, baton, or the like)
  7. Deadly force

If given the order for deadly force Eg armed response they have licence by the law to legally kill you if deemed required. 

I know someone who is a copper and they will get digs in esp when a suspect is talking wreckless. Once you in that van, line you up for beats lick your head off the car frame door etc accidently on purpose. 

The grey area is.. Those cops who take their personal prejudices and blur the line of law enforcement and thug tactics but hide behind the badge and no snitch between themselves when filling out reports. 

Multiply this action by 50x worse when it's the US police. 

1 hour ago, SLEAZE BALL said:

Ah the age old chestnut

We can't see what's happening in the video

Guy could be pummeling the geezer on the floor but he also could be doing a few single arm bent over DB rows just to get the blood pumping but at the end of the day we can't really tell enni

U lot r moving mad

tbfh i don't give two shits about some escaped murderer.

we aren't all created equal, and someone in his position doesn't deserve to be treated so

8 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

tbfh i don't give two shits about some escaped murderer.

we aren't all created equal, and someone in his position doesn't deserve to be treated so

most gangs dont differentiate between their victims. police are a gang. 

• Downvote 1