US Presidential Election

Sinister

Don’t you remember the news reports on the pound will crash and wont recover for x amount of years, prices will sky rocket, you wont be able to visit other countries in Europe with ease etc

It was allot of scaremongering instead of talking facts and actual issues that the people of the nation are actually concerned about

Same with Trump we heard he is a racist, sexist,  comparisons to hitler etc a lot of sensationalism like what we saw with brexit

Where it would have been better discuss policy’s and address what middle America actually have concerns about.

If you fail at something You don’t look at the other side and say well they was on job. You look at your own faults first and how you could of tried a different approach/tactic  

The margins are very slim like they were here

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Somalian said:

Don’t you remember the news reports on the pound will crash and wont recover for x amount of years, prices will sky rocket, you wont be able to visit other countries in Europe with ease etc

It was allot of scaremongering instead of talking facts and actual issues that the people of the nation are actually concerned about

This is happening though? The pound has crashed and we haven't even triggered A50, fuck knows how bad it will get when that happens.

Inflation due to outstrip wage growth in 2017 so that is happening too...

Any the visa situation will no doubt happen. May cant even cut deal with India so she has no chance with the EU without bending over for them.

I dont really care about the result, US foreign policy has been consistently shit through all elected presidents and i cant see it getting any better or worse, it will just remain shit, as it would have with Hilary also.  The whole muslims and mexican thing, im sure its just rhetoric and wont come in to fruition.

What I do know though, is we'll see similar to what we've seen post brexit. White working class finding confidence to say whats really on their mind, verbal abuse and physical violence towards muslims, mexicans and probably all ethnic minorities will skyrocket.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, FA23 said:

This is happening though? The pound has crashed and we haven't even triggered A50, fuck knows how bad it will get when that happens.

Inflation due to outstrip wage growth in 2017 so that is happening too...

Any the visa situation will no doubt happen. May cant even cut deal with India so she has no chance with the EU without bending over for them.

I find it was and has been proven to be the wrong tactic to use, it does not really address the main concerns of the people voting out. To me this is an important issue but to Tom down the road this doesn't   even come into the equation when he votes and these are where they lost imo. Like my ex I know she voted Trump and I know Hilary didn't address her concerns as a white middle class women being squeezed with regards to her being hit in her pocket.

Basically Mexican/Hispanic vote went for Trump, thats what swung it... polls gave there votes to Hillary without even asking.

2 minutes ago, Iceberg said:

Basically Mexican/Hispanic vote went for Trump, thats what swung it... polls gave there votes to Hillary without even asking.

So how do they address people still calling trump racist if Hispanics came out and voted? We know the lefty biased media are still going to spit out this racism rhetoric over and over again.