Week 29 - Premier League & FA Cup

User

Samir Nasri has justified playing fewer games since his move to Manchester City by claiming he was overplayed at Arsenal.

Speaking to Canal + , the France international reportedly said: "At Arsenal, I played too much. That's why I was often injured. I was dead."

He went on to say that he has become a better player at the Etihad Stadium following his £24million move last summer:

"I've improved at Manchester City, especially mentally.

:rofl:

Samir Nasri has justified playing fewer games since his move to Manchester City by claiming he was overplayed at Arsenal.

Speaking to Canal + , the France international reportedly said: "At Arsenal, I played too much. That's why I was often injured. I was dead."

He went on to say that he has become a better player at the Etihad Stadium following his £24million move last summer:

"I've improved at Manchester City, especially mentally.

:rofl:

f*ck*ng p*ssy, I played too much, I was dead, give me a f*ck*ng break.

Warnock what a manager>>>

YES WHAT A MAN(AGER)

Disputes

Warnock, who is qualified as a referee,[16] but has never officiated at the very top level, is renowned for his outbursts, which some see as controversial.

Players

• Peter Swan – A player for Warnock at Argyle and Bury, he called Warnock "a prick".[18] Swan refused to play when Warnock was appointed manager at Plymouth, and disrupted training sessions so as to engineer a move to Bury; when Warnock was later appointed as Bury manager, Swan again found a new club.[19]

• Stephen Hunt – After a match against Reading, Warnock condemned the behaviour of the Royals' Stephen Hunt. He is said to have commented: "Hunt has proved on a few occasions that he's a clever type, and his challenge on Nick Montgomery earlier in the game wasn't clever either".[20] He also said he looked like he shouldn't be holding a pint.

• Michael Johnson – In a 2005–06 Championship game with Derby County, Warnock reacted to a challenge by Johnson on Paul Ifill and was accused of playing a part in getting the opposition player sent off. This led to a face to face confrontation between the two and the Derby fans were incensed by Warnock's actions. Warnock asserted that the tackle was a bad one and that his reaction had made no difference to the outcome.[21]

• Shefki Kuqi – During a 2007–08 Championship game with Wolves, Kuqi was spotted gesturing at Palace fans whilst being substituted. As a result the Finnish international was transfer-listed and fined two weeks' wages, with Warnock stating "I will be transfer-listing him immediately. I don't accept things like that, so that is the end of the matter."[22] However it was not, as Kuqi would return the following season after an injury crisis and would gain popularity with some Palace fans, despite again upsetting them by refusing to lower his wage demands at the end of his contract and subsequently leaving the club.

• El Hadji Diouf – As manager of QPR, Warnock criticised Diouf for his behaviour after a challenge between QPR's Jamie Mackie and Blackburn Rovers' Gael Givet left Mackie with a double fracture in his leg: "For many years I have thought [Diouf] was the gutter type – I was going to call him a sewer rat but that might be insulting to sewer rats. [...] I hope he goes abroad because I won't miss watching him. He is a nasty little person."[23]Diouf later hit back at Warnock in a newspaper interview where he was quoted saying that Warnock “is a big shit”. [24]

Managers

• Gérard Houllier – See Stéphane Henchoz above. Also involved an argument about United's allegedly physical approach against Liverpool in the League Cup Semi Final 1st leg, a match in which Liverpool had 5 men cautioned to United's one.[25]
  • Phil Thompson – See Stéphane Henchoz above.
  • Stan Ternent – A longstanding feud. Most recently in 2001, when Ternent accused Warnock of sending his then assistant manager Kevin Blackwellto listen to his half time teamtalk .[26]
  • Mick Jones – A long-term assistant to Warnock, the pair did not speak for several years after Jones opted to remain at Plymouth Argyle as manager after Warnock was sacked, rather than follow him to Oldham Athletic.[27] The pair reunited as a managerial partnership again in 2005 atSheffield United and achieved promotion in their first season back together, and were both at Queens Park Rangers.[28]
  • Joe Kinnear – Kinnear remarked that Warnock was a 'prat' after a 1–1 draw between Sheffield United and Kinnear's Nottingham Forest in 2004–05.[29]
  • Kevin Blackwell – Warnock told the press that he wished he'd had the money to spend on players that Blackwell had in the season 2004–2005.[30]Blackwell had previously been Warnock's assistant at Sheffield United for several years and indeed Warnock had helped Blackwell out for years, working with him at Scarborough, Huddersfield, Torquay, Plymouth et al. Another dispute occurred on 18 April 2006 in a match between Leeds United and Sheffield United at Bramall Lane when Warnock was sent from the touch-line after making a comment to Blackwell over a tackle by Gary Kelly on a Sheffield United player that Warnock deemed a bookable offence, and would have resulted in the Leeds player being sent off.[31]
  • Nigel Worthington – on 18 March 2006 Worthington apparently refused to shake hands with Warnock resulting in Warnock sticking two fingers up at him, an incident over which the FA charged Warnock with improper conduct.[32]
  • Wally Downes – On 20 January 2007, in a match against Reading, Keith Gillespie was sent off seconds after he came on to the pitch, for swiping Reading's Stephen Hunt in the face. After a protracted departure from the pitch, Warnock performed a stamping motion on the sideline directed towards referee Mark Halsey – referring to an earlier tackle made by Steve Sidwell which Warnock felt warranted a red card as well. Reading coach Wally Downes took exception to his actions, and pushed Warnock, causing a mass brawl on the sidelines. Both Warnock and Downes were sent to the stands as a result. Later Wally Downes admitted a misconduct charge to the FA,[33] was fined £2,000 and given a one-match touchline ban, but it did earn Downes a chant with the Reading fans referring to his attack on Warnock.
  • Gareth Southgate – Accused Southgate on Sky Sports News (shown 19 March 2007) of fielding a weaker starting XI against relegation-threatenedManchester City. Warnock claimed Southgate was "helping out" a friend, City manager Stuart Pearce.[34]

Referees

• Jim Rushton – Warnock, whilst manager of Huddersfield Town, was known to dislike Rushton. Huddersfield played Lincoln City in the FA Cup and Warnock was disappointed with Lee Sinnott and someone being carded and wasn't happy when he found out that Rushton was to referee a league game between the same two sides and Warnock asked for him to be switched as it would give Lincoln "an unfair advantage". Before the game Rushton said to Warnock that he knew he had wanted him switched. During the game Warnock was sent off for a "non-violent push" on the linesman. Rushton also refereed the Autoglass Trophy Final in 1994 between Swansea City and Huddersfield. Huddersfield lost 3–1 on penalties.
  • David Elleray – Warnock called him a "bald-headed bloke", whilst criticizing his decision making ability.[35]
  • Graham Poll – Following what Warnock believed to be a mistake by Poll which led to Arsenal scoring in the FA Cup semi-final in 2003.[36] Poll later revealed he had invented the nickname "Colin Wanker" (an anagram of Neil Warnock) after the incident, due to the abuse he received from Warnock [37]
  • In a Sky Sports documentary, Warnock agreed to be filmed in a personal documentary about his life on and off the pitch. During a match at home toIpswich Town, Warnock was seen to swear at and verbally abuse one of the assistant referees (also telling the then Ipswich manager that the assistant 'had been his best player'), perhaps revealing why Warnock is seen as one of the more controversial football managers in England.[38]
  • Richard Beeby – Warnock heavily criticised Beeby in February 2008 after he played on for longer than the designated added time at the end of a match between Bristol City and Palace at Ashton Gate, which led to Bristol City equalising 25 seconds after full-time should have been blown, even claiming Beeby celebrated City's equaliser.[39] Warnock was subsequently charged with "improper conduct" by the FA.[40] In response, he "admitted the charge and requested a personal hearing".[41] Warnock was subsequently fined £2,000.
  • Rob Shoebridge – Warnock heavily criticised Rob Shoebridge and his officials after another disputed incident at Ashton Gate, when Freddie Sears gave Palace what they thought was an early lead. However Sears' effort rebounded back off of the stanchion at the back of the goal and out of it, leading to Shoebridge and his assistants signalling a goal-kick. Palace were then beaten in the penultimate minute of the game, and Warnock claimed that his side had been "cheated" out of a result.[42]

Fans

• Leicester City – When Leicester restructured their debt after going into administration in 2002, enabling them to hold on to a string of Premiership stars who ordinarily would have been sold to stay afloat, they gained promotion to the Premiership, at the expense of Sheffield United, who had to make do with a play-off place. After United failed to gain promotion Warnock revealed his anger at the Leicester situation. Incensed that City could have got into such a state yet continued to compete at the top of the table, with no punishment, Warnock complained to the press, claiming United should have Leicester's place in the Premiership and the club should have been relegated or booted out the League. Any team now going into administration is automatically deducted 10 points, although even with this punishment Leicester would still have been two points clear of United, albeit with a far stronger team as a result of the move into administration.[43] He added further problems between Leicester fans and himself on 15 July 2010. Warnock told the Ealing Gazette that Leicester were not as big as his current club, Queens Park Rangers.[44]

• Sean Bean – In a recent tabloid serialisation of Warnock's autobiography, "Made In Sheffield", Warnock claims that minutes after the final game of the 2006–07 season Bean burst into his office, blaming Warnock for the team's relegation in a "foul-mouthed tirade" while Warnock's wife and daughter[45] were present. Bean denied this, calling Warnock "bitter" and "hypocritical", and arguing that he would never use such language in front of another man's wife and children.[46]

• Bury – Warnock's reputation started poorly with Bury fans and finally was destroyed when he was seen wearing a Sheffield Utd tie for an interview at Gigg Lane prior to a match against them. He had the accolade of receiving abuse from the whole stadium when Bury played away to Oldham Athletic where he was held in similar regard.[47]

Chairmen & directors