Moving Out

Bruno Di Gradi

Finally got a completion date of this Friday!!!

Bought a 2 double bedroom flat for £75,000. £30,000 of savings and a £45,000 mortgage.

Mortgage only works out at £308 a month for 5 years then £342 for 11 years. 16 years in total.

Do not know where to begin with furniture purchases, changing energy providers etc etc. as this is my first time leaving the family home.

Any pointers would be great.

Bought a 2 double bedroom flat for £75,000. £30,000 of savings and a £45,000 mortgage.

Mortgage only works out at £308 a month for 5 years then £342 for 11 years. 16 years in total.

Do not know where to begin with furniture purchases, changing energy providers etc etc. as this is my first time leaving the family home.

Mate there is no panacea for this. Search Google, heavy. I mean, IKEA is the most obvious starting point.

Energy providers: Will PM you a website.

Oh, and, congratulations. Is this up north?

• Upvote 1

Mate there is no panacea for this. Search Google, heavy. I mean, IKEA is the most obvious starting point.

Energy providers: Will PM you a website.

Oh, and, congratulations. Is this up north?

Thanks.

Yeh Manchester. A place called Whitefield. If you aren't familiar with with it, its around 6 miles north of the city centre.

I was thinking of ikea, its not too bad in terms of expense, plus putting the flat packs up gives me something to do.

For furniture - go on Gumtree.

You have to scroll through a lot of sh*t but there's loads of house clearances on there.

Picked up a sofa 1 year old worth £2k for 500.

TV units that were £80 in Ikea for £20 etc

I guess Yoshie implies a valid point too...if you want low cost, 2nd hand stuff then of course...Gumtree, eBay.

With your own flat though bro...buy nice shit. 

:( @ that price for a 2 bedroom.  I'm literally paying double for a 1 bedroom.  Congrats bro!

For furniture - go on Gumtree.

You have to scroll through a lot of sh*t but there's loads of house clearances on there.

Picked up a sofa 1 year old worth £2k for 500.

TV units that were £80 in Ikea for £20 etc

I guess Yoshie implies a valid point too...if you want low cost, 2nd hand stuff then of course...Gumtree, eBay.

With your own flat though bro...buy nice sh*t. 

You can get some nice stuff on there, but like I said for every nice item there's 10 pieces of shit furniture on there.

Bought a 2 double bedroom flat for £75,000. £30,000 of savings and a £45,000 mortgage.

:( @ that price for a 2 bedroom. I'm literally paying double for a 1 bedroom. Congrats bro!

Init gosh, thats a steal

C/s the gumtree

My flat mate wants to buy a house next year

So I've been warned

What dub posted is struggle is rather sleep on my nans sofa

The rent game was decent 5 or so years ago now it's not worth it the way house share has taken over, I'm not about that life

Bought a 2 double bedroom flat for £75,000. £30,000 of savings and a £45,000 mortgage.

:( @ that price for a 2 bedroom. I'm literally paying double for a 1 bedroom. Congrats bro!

Init gosh, thats a steal

:(

dst look at woolwich royal arsenal

woolwich aint the greatest of area but royal arsenal is like an entire different area

its not too expensive either

me deya

/

woolwich is a hideous, hideous area tho 

outside of RA the place is a jungle literally and figuratively 

what you paying?

Yeah sign up for Quidco (referral link gives us both £5 each when you sign up) http://www.quidco.com/user/2872864/1944321/

and Topcashback (you get a £5 M&S voucher when you sign up, I get £15) http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/mrkmg

You get nice cashback deals for internet, utilities, banks, etc.

For furniture, other than the ones mentioned, try Freecycle.

• Upvote 1