Racism In Football

Admin.

Its only banter if it's both ways tho

most of the "banter" i see is plain offensive though. I think some people think thats the aim of it. 

does it then become a case of its offensive if the person its aimed at takes offence, or when its in the public realm it anybody's right to be offended. 

can something be offensive when the aim wasn't to cause offence? (see the whole Spurs y-word debate) 

I'm all for eradicating Racism from the game and wider community but in order to do so thats exactly what should be targeted, (racism, not stupidity and crass humour)

we all know about the kind of social awkward "banter" that goes on between these lad types of people, (black and white) 

when i saw the twitter convo it seemed like they were taking the piss from something that happened earlier in training and he took the piss back, 

his biggest mistake was making it public, however in a way i'd be more worried if he thought what he said wasn't fit to air in public, (if you get me) as in if he was looking to cause real offence he wouldn't have done so top the whole world. Naive/silly/stupid not racist

I think we're now at the stage of things being racist to one man and banter to another.

People say the dark days are gone of outright use of the N word or P word; but at least you knew when someone said it they stood by it and you knew it was racist.

Nowadays people might inherently make a racist statement but hide behind banter or people being too PC and not being able to have a laugh. Then you got others who have no intention of being racist or trying to be racist being in public positions who should never make those kind of statements embroiled in a race war.

• 2 months later...
Graham Hunter @BumperGraham

Follow

Brutal, horrible, disgusting monkey chants at Marcelo by the Atletico fans while he & the other Madrid subs do their warm down. Inexcusable

Graham Hunter @BumperGraham

Follow

His kid comes on the pitch & runs to his arms while these fools sing "hope your dad dies". This isn't football as I know it. Rotten to core