Adriano

Heero Yuy

This guy...

Adriano, a.k.a. ‘The Emperor’, signed for his childhood club Flamengo in May last year, a month after mutually terminating his contract with Inter Milan. He was joined this January by fellow Brazilian Vagner Love, brought in on loan from CSKA Moscow.

Both boyhood Flamengo fans, the pair were brought together by one thing: a full-blooded, unswerving devotion to non, stop, partying, down; eventually forming a fearsome strike partnership - 27 goals in 18 games - the South American press dubbed “The Empire of Love” (latterly “The Empire of Cholesterol” © Universidad de Chile gaffer Gerardo Pelusso.)

However, things took a turn for the worse on Friday, when, according to one reporter at Brazilian newspaper O Globo, the pair “fought bitterly” at a leaving bash thrown at Adriano’s house “attended by many beautiful women and flowing rivers of beer”.

As you might expect from a clash between two of Brazilian football’s most legendary swordsman, the fight was over a girl - possibly Adriano’s new girlfriend Marcalla Marques (described as “having it all: brunette, long straight hair, the breasts, and top buttocks”), who organised the do - and ended with Adriano demanding the DJ stop the music while he kicked Love, by now allegedly in floods of tears, out of the house. The Empire of Love = officially fallen.

adrianogang2.jpg

adrianogang.jpg

• 4 years later...

Former Brazilian football international Adriano has been charged with links to a drug lord in Rio de Janeiro.

Prosecutors said that Adriano gave a drug dealer a motorbike that was used in criminal activities.

The Brazilian striker had a successful career in Italy, winning titles with Inter Milan. But off-field problems and injuries cut his career short.

Adriano, 32, had been negotiating a comeback with second division French club Le Havre.

The allegations first emerged in 2010.

Brazilian police said Adriano had bought a motorbike in 2008 and registered in the name of the mother of a known drug dealer - Paulo Rogerio de Souza Paz, known as Mica.

The bike was used for drug trafficking in one of Rio's shantytowns, or favelas, then controlled by a powerful criminal gang - Comando Vermelho (Red Command).

Adriano denied at the time the allegations.

Brazilian media say they have not been able to contact Adriano, who was due to fly back to Rio de Janeiro on Tuesday night.

Prosecutors have not requested an arrest warrant against Adriano, but have asked for his passport to be seized.

Most overrated striker of all time

Playstation made him

Any Cherno samba

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What's that got to do with the price of bread ?

He was a sideman to mutu/gilardino at parma and had 1 good year in 05 when he first went to inter as a main player and played well at confed cup

Ask someone to name you adriano moments they'll either talk about his pes stats or the double punch in the cl

Recoba too

What's that got to do with the price of bread ?

He was a sideman to mutu/gilardino at parma and had 1 good year in 05 when he first went to inter as a main player and played well at confed cup

Ask someone to name you adriano moments they'll either talk about his pes stats or the double punch in the cl

Recoba too

woah woah woah

leave El Chino out of this

• 2 years later...

DGdnGBaWAAA1A9f.jpg:large

We were playing a friendly match against Real Madrid, he scored an impressive goal. I told myself - Javier, this right here is the new Ronaldo! He's got it all - strength, technique, dribble, speed, shot, heading...
Adri is from favelas, that scared me a lot. I knew favelas very well, in Brazil poverty is similar as in my Argentina. I've seen the danger there, because it's very tricky when you get rich and you had nothing before. Every day after training I asked him where he's going and what's he up to. I was afraid that he'll get himself in some kind of trouble.
Adriano had a father that he was very attached to. Before the season, actually at the time we were playing at TIM Trofeo, something shocking happened. He got a phone call from Brazil: - Adri, dad is dead... I saw him in his room, he threw the phone and started screaming. You couldn't imagine that kind of scream. I get goosebumps even to this day. Since that day Moratti and myself watched over him as he was our little brother.
Meanwhile, he kept on playing football, he scored goals and watched towards the sky dedicating them to his dad. Since that phone call, nothing was the same.
Ivan Cordoba spent one night with him and said: "Adri, you're a mix of Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic. Are you aware that could become the best player ever?"
We did not succeed of pulling him out of depression. And that is perhaps my biggest defeat of a whole career. It still hurts me, I was so powerless.
-- Javier Zanetti.

• Like 1