Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pro

How long would you let a good friend stay at your place?

69 posts in this topic

Would you ask him straight for money or let him stay for free at the start?

How many days, weeks or months would you let him get his shit straight?

GABOS?

Depends on the situation.

If the friend came to me without a job and he just got kicked out by the missus... Actually nah, that can't happen. All my friends, the few I count as such, all either own their houses or have their names on the rental agreement.

Circumstantial

Will help as much as I can

We all must help we one another

give it about 2 weeks free, then mention a payment plan cos really hes looking to move in, not no full price rent, just a little contribution. if it hits 2 months... hes not a tenant

Not about getting taken for ' L'

Depends on the friend and the circumstances.

Their cleanliness would play a huge factor.

My boy got kicked out of his yard when we was 17.

Spoke to my peoples and they said it was cool for him to stay.

He stayed as long as was needed even spend Christmas time. By the end of it I felt like throttling him but I'd hope my mates would do the same.

To answer the question if they had nowhere else to go no money the time wouldn't be an issue as long as they pulled there weight around the yard.

As long as they need but I expect them to do household chores. 

I had my mate, his dog and his girlfriend living in my flat for 6 months a few years ago. He became homeless because of the dog at his mums and had nowhere to go and his circumstances were fucked.

I took him in and we had a good time, it was a poor time in my life I wasn't earning much but I was quite close to this guy and only kicked him out when I was leaving the place myself. There were certainly times when I felt I was getting mugged off but he helped where he could and was beyond thankful, he won't ever forget what I did.

And now he's in a better position and he made me his child's Godfather, much to the delight of everybody including myself as we all know I'm not on a play play thing my Godson is now basically also my son and I will do everything for him.

Yeah so about 6 months

I had my mate, his dog and his girlfriend living in my flat for 6 months a few years ago. He became homeless because of the dog at his mums and had nowhere to go and his circumstances were f*cked.

I took him in and we had a good time, it was a poor time in my life I wasn't earning much but I was quite close to this guy and only kicked him out when I was leaving the place myself. There were certainly times when I felt I was getting mugged off but he helped where he could and was beyond thankful, he won't ever forget what I did.

And now he's in a better position and he made me his child's Godfather, much to the delight of everybody including myself as we all know I'm not on a play play thing my Godson is now basically also my son and I will do everything for him.

Yeah so about 6 months

Great story

Na that was quite touching still

Especially the godson part

People talking about getting mugged off but they wouldn't be a friend if there was any chance of being mugged off.

Anyone I consider and call a friend can stay for as long as they need to because I know they'd do the same for me with no qualms.

As long as they are not taking the piss then as long as they need, expect them to be making a daily effort to sort out the situation they find themselves in....

This is easy because I don't have or want friends

As long as their hygeine skills are very good

They don't smoke inside the house

They can stay as long as they want because we are family.

I'm assuming he means all people close to him, really are his family or relatives.

I'm learning 'Porchy', so am I right?

When you have brothers,sisters and cousins why have friends?

I don't see the point of having them

can't see how its possible to go through primary, secondary, college, uni, work and not have some tbh.

fair enough, fam first.

Porchy is definitely a robot.

Having friends isn't something you make a conscious decision about ffs, it just happens.