Work & Life

Natalie

Mad dilemma, couldnt you try delaying the afgan decision until the other job comes thru or is that impossible? 

How safe is the afghan job or is it a risk?

It's not even so much the risk, its the fact you literally cant go anywhere. Did it temporarily for 2 months before and got thru it, but was a bit of a chore. The money you get as compensation for more or less giving up life for a year is ridiculous tho

Also tried delaying as much as i can but they wanna know by Wednesday. As it stands im gonna turn it down- ive got confidence in my interview ability to get the other job

On 4/18/2016 at 6:35 PM, Mic Man said:

It's not even so much the risk, its the fact you literally cant go anywhere. Did it temporarily for 2 months before and got thru it, but was a bit of a chore. The money you get as compensation for more or less giving up life for a year is ridiculous tho

Also tried delaying as much as i can but they wanna know by Wednesday. As it stands im gonna turn it down- ive got confidence in my interview ability to get the other job

No benefit working a job you subconsciously think you will hate before you started, especially when it's abroad. Not sure what role it is but I remember when I worked abroad, the experience / self development I experienced was invaluable, one of the best years of my life.

Should try hold off making any decisions until they are both on the table but personally unless you actually have a financial goal you need to achieve, quality of life over money all day.

• Upvote 1

Appreciate it lads :Y:

Mad day yesterday as well, about 7 people got made redundant, just below director level.

All in a different area to mine but I knew and worked with 2 or 3 of them over my time there. Some good people, & one that's been in the company 20 years.

52 minutes ago, Zizouz said:

20 years...

How's that happen though? Complacency, love for the company, or what? 

20 years in one chair? I struggle to do under two years without itching. A madness.

But It's business, you could be there 40 years but if the bottom line is peak your expendable (everyone is expandable), it's done. And what's there to show for it...an amazon voucher and drinks after work with people that talk about work.

A person there 5 years ain't better than 40 year bid at the end of day

35 minutes ago, Supermalt said:

20 years in one chair? I struggle to do under two years without itching. A madness.

But It's business, you could be there 40 years but if the bottom line is peak your expendable (everyone is expandable), it's done. And what's there to show for it...an amazon voucher and drinks after work with people that talk about work.

A person there 5 years ain't better than 40 year bid at the end of day

trust me,

People should be working in Guardiola cycles, in my career It's 3 years max, coming upto 2 in this job and will be off in summer. Vastly underpaid here, I didn't even get the salary that was originally advertised but that was because I didn't have all the experience. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Heero Yuy said:

trust me,

People should be working in Guardiola cycles, in the career It's 3 years max, coming upto 2 in this job and will be off in summer. Vastly underpaid here, I didn't even get the salary that was originally advertised but that was because I didn't have all the experience. 

100%, 2 to 3 years max while taking all the courses and promos they could/ would give you. Then go.

..or you can chill and become arsene, expecting people to remember glory days while your forever expendable.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Supermalt said:

100%, 2 to 3 years max while taking all the courses and promos they could/ would give you. Then go.

..or you can chill and become arsene, expecting people to remember glory days while your forever expendable.

:rofl:  the real

I see people in this call centre that have been answering calls for like 7+ years, 7 years answering calls ffs.

Even the guys I work with on my team have been here for 5 to 10 years. I’m earning more than them and I’m the youngest by along way. They could easily be earning upto 30% more elsewhere but these guys are literally a part of the ship like the flying dutchman's crew.

[little girl from resident evil voice]They’re all  gonna die down here.

• Upvote 2

Couple people at mine have been there 25+ years.

Can easily happen.

These lot came up before this unstable, overpriced bullshit we're in now. Mortgages probably paid off before I was born, kids all flown the nest. Just working so their minds don't go to shit. Change is long when you're that old.

Guest Blacksheet
11 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

:rofl:  the real

I see people in this call centre that have been answering calls for like 7+ years, 7 years answering calls ffs.

*shivers*

Taking in what you man are saying cos, there's no way I'm looking to get comfortable anywhere & then something like that happen to me.

Would you lot start itching to move even if you're moving about/progressing in one company - or just if you were stuck in the same role?

@Simply D Safe Nem, not sure why you're calling me a snake though?