Oliver Giroud

mark_INIESTA_davies

He wouldn't make our bench tbh.

Crowd would be begging for mercy like Pogbregachenko.

Thing is with Arsene, whether your striker can cut the mustard or not he'll honour their contract.

Giroud tied up till 2017 I think.

That's 4 years of Wenger using Giroud as an excuse to NOT SIGN in the department.

I feel for you lads I really do.

Tough times

• Downvote 2

• 1 month later...

if gervinho missed those chance yesterday. He would have been hung dry. 

Giroud is awful. From time he is clinching on that goal against norwich. You can tell this guy doesn't have much in his locker. 

I agree with playing podolski in his position. Worth a punt. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wenger is quoted as saying by The Mirror on Podolski:

I believe it is his best position maybe because on the flanks he needs to work so hard and he’s more a finisher than anyone else in the team. Him and Theo Walcott are two finishers.

He was a little bit rusty (against Manchester United) because he had not played a lot. But of course it’s a good opportunity for him to show that he has a future in this position and that he can finish.

Honestly, I played him only against Sunderland in the first game in this position, only against Manchester United in this position, so it’s not two ideal games.

The first game of the season and against Man United, but I am tempted to give him another chance of course in this position.

He wants to play through the middle, but today all the players who play on the flanks want to play there!

It is only his first season. I think as well, he had the European Championship, you know, he came back without a real rest, changed his first season.

We are here to win our games as we want to be in the Champions League. There is only about a one in a hundred chance that even that will not be enough.

It is difficult to know what to expect in the run-in. For example with QPR you don’t know what you will meet tomorrow.

Maybe you will meet a team who is firing on all cylinders so it is very difficult to know. On the other hand what will Chelsea meet on Sunday I don’t know. It is very difficult.

• 9 months later...

He wouldn't make our bench tbh.

Crowd would be begging for mercy like Pogbregachenko.

Thing is with Arsene, whether your striker can cut the mustard or not he'll honour their contract.

Giroud tied up till 2017 I think.

That's 4 years of Wenger using Giroud as an excuse to NOT SIGN in the department.

I feel for you lads I really do.

Tough times

*ball played to giroud*

*giroud misses*

*giroud winces, letting us all know he cares so much and is trying so very hard*

Wenger is quoted as saying by The Mirror on Podolski:

I believe it is his best position maybe because on the flanks he needs to work so hard and he’s more a finisher than anyone else in the team. Him and Theo Walcott are two finishers.

He was a little bit rusty (against Manchester United) because he had not played a lot. But of course it’s a good opportunity for him to show that he has a future in this position and that he can finish.

Honestly, I played him only against Sunderland in the first game in this position, only against Manchester United in this position, so it’s not two ideal games.

The first game of the season and against Man United, but I am tempted to give him another chance of course in this position.

He wants to play through the middle, but today all the players who play on the flanks want to play there!

It is only his first season. I think as well, he had the European Championship, you know, he came back without a real rest, changed his first season.

We are here to win our games as we want to be in the Champions League. There is only about a one in a hundred chance that even that will not be enough.

It is difficult to know what to expect in the run-in. For example with QPR you don’t know what you will meet tomorrow.

Maybe you will meet a team who is firing on all cylinders so it is very difficult to know. On the other hand what will Chelsea meet on Sunday I don’t know. It is very difficult.

:|  :|  :|