Uber

Mizchif

same, over saturated

seems like a side job to jump on during price-hike times (Friday/Saturday nights)

This is the thing though. people clock a new lane then they all jump on until it's clogged up.

With taxi drivers though. You never know the ones that are making a good living because they all moan about how hard things are

Id say black cab drivers make upwards of 50k

Dunno cos people talking to me like they eating off it.

Or at least think they can...

Put it this way I got a guy, who's credit is bad so he's coming to get a car next week on a long-term rental rather than on finance and he's paying £270 a week for it...

same, over saturated

seems like a side job to jump on during price-hike times (Friday/Saturday nights)

This is the thing though. people clock a new lane then they all jump on until it's clogged up.

With taxi drivers though. You never know the ones that are making a good living because they all moan about how hard things are

exactly this, that's all they do, but they eat nice

• 4 weeks later...
A 26-year-old man in Lyon said he was attacked Saturday night after telling a taxi driver he would use Uber, because the driver was on strike and refused to take him. In Strasbourg last week, taxi drivers reportedly posed as Uber customers and led drivers to isolated locations to assault them.

Whaat. As if all this is going to help stop people from switching to uber.

• Upvote 1

Tried this on new years...was a myth

Literally ended up having to ask this young white couple to hail one for me, they were successful on the first try. Could see the pain in his eyes when I jumped in...though we spent the debating why his cunty colleagues might not have stopped for me :/

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

These black cabs drivers have been getting militant. A few weeks ago they tried to put it on Boris Johnson at Mayoral question time.  :lol: 

Mayor of London Boris Johnson has been forced out of the London Assembly chamber after being heckled by protesting taxi drivers.
The cabbies were protesting over a range of issues, including the introduction of electric vehicles and increasing competition from Uber.

Boris Johnson had to leave the chamber and suspend Mayor's Question Time due to the protest, tweeting later: "Vital Londoners see democratic process in action but behaviour of some cabbies at MQTs today undermines that.

"Not only did they riot inside the building, they beat up several security guards, one was even knocked out and taken to hospital. I hope those responsible can be identified, and have their licenses removed. "Debate is the essence of democracy; but this was not a debate."

A statement on behalf of those protesting said taxi drivers were "enduring the total collapse of the trade". They accused TfL of "indiscriminate licensing" and risking public safety, as "taxis from all over the country descend on London to ply their wares".

It added that drivers' earning potential could no longer meet the "inflated running costs" under Transport for London and that TfL's refusal to act had led taxi apps to enter the market "at an unprecedented rate".

The rise of apps such as Uber saw violent protests in Paris earlier this year, for example, as almost 3,000 drivers showed their anger at the increased competition.

Fuck black cabs

Bastards

This will ruin me getting uber will be easier just to go to a cab office