THE TRAVEL THREAD

Lofa

^^ Mongy Dont get an uber at the airport stung me for $90 dollars for a $30 dollar trip still fuming thinking about it

Just booked flights to barbados from cropover and then from there flying to Grenada for their carnival. I'm so excited. Figured once i get married next year I won't be able to do this kinda holiday with my boys for a while so might as well have a big one and go out with a bang.

Have a great time my mom done that exact same trip last year , One of my brothers is over in Barbados at the moment living out there back this week

English speaking countries/cities?

America/Canada/Australia are the obvious 1s but I'm thinking of other countries/cities where English is widely spoken or understood enough to work/live there without picking up another language

Berlin maybe.

The two times I was out there a lot of people could speak it very well but i was only out there for like 5 days at a time. If you are looking at work you wouldn't be interested in learning another language? Having another language just opens up even more opportunities in life. Wish I could speak another language and tbh I'm still hoping i get an opportunity one day to work somewhere where i can learn another.

I would also like to pick up another language but realistically i haven't got the minerals for it, for some reason I had it in my head that Barcelona was widely 'English spoken' but a guy I know said when he went it wasn't in the slightest

Just wondered what countries/cities you could live/work in comfortabley only speaking English

English speaking countries/cities?

America/Canada/Australia are the obvious 1s but I'm thinking of other countries/cities where English is widely spoken or understood enough to work/live there without picking up another language

Berlin maybe.

The two times I was out there a lot of people could speak it very well but i was only out there for like 5 days at a time. If you are looking at work you wouldn't be interested in learning another language? Having another language just opens up even more opportunities in life. Wish I could speak another language and tbh I'm still hoping i get an opportunity one day to work somewhere where i can learn another.

Berlin was the first place that sprung to mind for me too, nice city and everyone speaks good English.

Been to Madrid and Barcelona and they bare speak English especially Madrid

Go to the zoo

And go to the TV tower and grab a couple drinks

Catch a Hertha Berlin game too for the experience if they're playing

Is it easy to get tickets for a game and roughly how much they cost? Thinking about whenever i go for these breaks to european countries of trying to see a game.

Is Canada too far to go one up??

Wanna reach there for the F1 race, but theres no one I can fathom spending a week+ with that wont make me wanna kill them, so the only option is one up.

bearing in mind im a darkskin ethnic, not even a pretty one, so drawing chicks n having people socially drawn to me will be a myth

Wanna reach there for the F1 race, but theres no one I can fathom spending a week+ with that wont make me wanna kill them, so the only option is one up.

bearing in mind im a darkskin ethnic, not even a pretty one, so drawing chicks n having people socially drawn to me will be a myth

I would not say so but one week might be to long 4-5 days?

Good time to travel Canada at the moment with the price of oil so low at the moment it is fucking up their currency last few months it has lost 15% of its value against the pound so makes a good shopping trip also. But this looks to be temporary  as the price of crude oil has started to surge this week

Dont like to hear a brother say this

Dont like to hear a brother say this

If you like galleries, C/O and Hamburger Bahnhof are good, check their websites to see whats on, but also here for loads of listings around the city http://www.indexberlin.de

East Side Gallery is always on the visitor checklist.

A few bars I can think of that are decent off the top of my head are Geist Im Glass, Mein Haus Am See, Suß War Gestern, Das Hotel. 

The city's not bad for live music, you can check out listings on Koka36.de

Get the Foursquare app or check the website and you'll find loads of nice restaurants (and other bars), I'm not great with names but its usually dependable if you go for something 8+ on there - loads of nice Vietnamese and Italian places around the city, generally don't trust Indian places to deliver though, German cuisine is pretty "meh" I've found.

If you feel like getting streetfood: Chai Wallahs do the nicest naan wrap I've ever had, Lilly Burger do the best burger I've had, Mustafas (chicken doner) will make you rethink the idea of what a kebab is.

If you want mobile internet get yourself an Aldi Talk sim (10€ for 1.5GB or 15€ for 5GB) from an Aldi store (you'll need an internet connection to activate it though)