Do any of the black users on here have white 'uncles/auntys'

kerser

Friend's Mum's were standardly referred to as Auntie, or if I knew them real well I'd call them 'Mum' too.

To me it's a respecting the elder generation thing. Respecting your elders. Even at my first job, a woman much older than me who I became friends with, I referred to her as Aunty, as a sign of respect for someone my elder.

/

White people my family, yeah. Call them Aunty, no, but that's because I don't like them, nothing to do with skin colour. Another story another time. For me it's respect.

• Downvote 2

Friend's Mum's were standardly referred to as Auntie, or if I knew them real well I'd call them 'Mum' too.

:lmao:

LOL

No f*ck*ng way. The beats id get if my mum knew id called someone else mum....

In Jamaica what goli describes is common.

and obvs amongst Jamaicans here

couple my bredrins call my mum, mummy

and my mum calls some of her friends mums, mummy too

they all love it

LOL

No f*ck*ng way. The beats id get if my mum knew id called someone else mum....

In Jamaica what goli describes is common.

and obvs amongst Jamaicans here

couple my bredrins call my mum, mummy

and my mum calls some of her friends mums, mummy too

they all love it

Some of my friends call my mum, mum, I usually call other peoples mum's aunty,

There is a nigerian women who owns a sandwich shop next to clapton station, only know her from going to her store always call her aunty out of respect, very nice women if she is about to close for the day she ends up giving me stock she was going to throw away for free. Couple of kebab shop man are like that in hackney to but I call them bossman or by their first name.

My darg at uni (nigerian) said when he was like 8 he went round his (white) friends house and called her Auntie and she said "Call me sharon"

When his dad picked him from the house he left the house said "Bye Sharon" and his dad beat him in the car saying "Sharon eh, you call her auntie or Mrs Brown"

Loooool punches to the chest Sharon ayyy c*nt

yh I call any non black married or breeded into my family by their respective titles. I was fostered too so Im used to having white and black, family id family.

what always bothered me in my family is a different rule for the boys (or kids that were born when their parents were teens) and a next rule for us girls.

We always have to say mum, dad, aunty, but my older cousins all got to call their mums and aunts by their first names. Not Dads and uncles. So im hearing my cuz call his mum Carole and his dad Dad. Doesnt make any sense, even to this day. And we were never allowed to, I dont get it.